Big Browns

I HATE AZGFD online system!!!!!

My wife and I were having a great evening out tonight, until I asked her to check the credit card first thing tomorrow morning for CC hits.  That's when a bomb exploded in our car.  My wife say "Oh yah, I forgot to tell you, we got a new credit card a few weeks ago, because the last one expired"  Of course, I immediately thought my wife was messing with me.  I thought "there is no way she is actually being serious".  I was WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I remained perfectly calm, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Our great evening was immediately destroyed due to my 2 year old like temper tantrum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Trust me, it gets worse!!!

I log on to my email to read the AZGFD email to see what time the deadline is.  Thankfully I see I have 3 hours left.  Of course, with the wonderful AZGFD online system 3 hours may not be enough time!!!  I log on and attempt to update my card.  That's when another bomb goes off!  I cannot update my card without my order number!  F$&*(#$*@^!@&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thus begins the 2 hour search though my wife's, kids, dads and my own email to find the numbers.  Thankfully my son and my dad decide they hate having clutter in their emails and not only delete their in box, but also their trash box!  Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimately, I was able to update my card, my wife's and my oldest sons card.  Unfortunately, I was not able to update my dad's or my youngest son's card.  This will result in both of them loosing 4 points!  I'm beyond furious with the horrific system that AZGFD uses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, the emails probably should have been saved, but the system should allow some other way to update the account!  

I then decided to send a wonderful email to the AZGFD Director, Commission and Governor to express my sincere appreciation for their draw system.  The only problem is the AZGFD site doesn't list the Director's or Commission members emails.  I guarantee I will eventually find it, but I can barely see anything but blood red right now!!!!!

I will definitely be going to the next commission meeting to discuss this issue!  I guarantee it will be popcorn worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Pissed off Adam

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Agreed 100%!!!  aside from Colorado G and F their app system is the worst in the west IMO.

They should take notes from NM or UT or Wyoming they have much much more user friendly application systems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Browns said:

My wife and I were having a great evening out tonight, until I asked her to check the credit card first thing tomorrow morning for CC hits.  That's when a bomb exploded in our car.  My wife say "Oh yah, I forgot to tell you, we got a new credit card a few weeks ago, because the last one expired"  Of course, I immediately thought my wife was messing with me.  I thought "there is no way she is actually being serious".  I was WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I remained perfectly calm, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Our great evening was immediately destroyed due to my 2 year old like temper tantrum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Trust me, it gets worse!!!

I log on to my email to read the AZGFD email to see what time the deadline is.  Thankfully I see I have 3 hours left.  Of course, with the wonderful AZGFD online system 3 hours may not be enough time!!!  I log on and attempt to update my card.  That's when another bomb goes off!  I cannot update my card without my order number!  F$&*(#$*@^!@&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thus begins the 2 hour search though my wife's, kids, dads and my own email to find the numbers.  Thankfully my son and my dad decide they hate having clutter in their emails and not only delete their in box, but also their trash box!  Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimately, I was able to update my card, my wife's and my oldest sons card.  Unfortunately, I was not able to update my dad's or my youngest son's card.  This will result in both of them loosing 4 points!  I'm beyond furious with the horrific system that AZGFD uses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, the emails probably should have been saved, but the system should allow some other way to update the account!  

I then decided to send a wonderful email to the AZGFD Director, Commission and Governor to express my sincere appreciation for their draw system.  The only problem is the AZGFD site doesn't list the Director's or Commission members emails.  I guarantee I will eventually find it, but I can barely see anything but blood red right now!!!!!

I will definitely be going to the next commission meeting to discuss this issue!  I guarantee it will be popcorn worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Pissed off Adam

12 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

You'd better buy that poor woman some flowers.

Yeah flowers and alot of butt kissing cause in a week or 2 when she figures out it was NOT her fault is was yours(women are slow in the thinking process ;)  ). as you used the credit card to put in for the apps and even entered the date  a FIVE TIMES for the 5 APPS.

• Like 2

No one will lose any points. They stopped doing that. If your card is expired they just give you a “not drawn” and a bonus point.

• Like 10

Well at least the odds went up for someone out there 😂

• Haha 1

I put several people in a year. I created a file in my documents called azgfd. I save a copy of the receipts there, just in case.  Secondly, if one of them gets drawn with an expired card they may call you to fix it. Happened to my brother last year.  

Maybe the game and fish's should warn people who use a CC that is expiring in a month when they apply?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only point they will lose is next year's loyalty point. But....it will now take 5 years of applying to get it back. 

22 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

The only point they will lose is next year's loyalty point. But....it will now take 5 years of applying to get it back. 

They stopped doing that. If your card is rejected they just consider it not drawn now. They will get their point and loyalty point.

• Like 4

Biggest problems with the online system.

1.  Having to enter all the same in information for every species you apply for (lic number, address, dob, ext....) This especially sucks during the deer draw cycle!!!! 

2. Also I would like to see an option for a second credit card on file as a backup in case the primary doesn't work.  

3. Finally there should be one question on the application about if you plan to hunt by power lines. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 1

I'm sorry that happened.  I've never kept my order # so I would have been in the same boat.  I'll do that from now on though. 

And you'd think if they give you a bonus point for an app. rejected due to an invalid CC# (thanks for the info Flatlander) they'd let you keep your loyalty point under the "at least you tried" theory.  It would make sense because your card was good at the time of the app. and they took the app. fee. 

If you earned a bonus point AND you kept your loyalty points it would reduce the pain and frustration to just the disappointment of not getting drawn for a hunt which you probably would not have gotten drawn for if your card was valid.