yotebuster

The official “I didn’t get jack shoot” thread

This makes 9 points for me.  Almost where I need to be!!  I don’t know why for some reason I thought I was gonna luck out this year!!!  Who else has nothing but crickets on their CC?

• Like 2

Not uncommon to not get a tag, when you apply for a hunt with less than 25-30 tags available.

Friends draw every yr. , for cow tags. They always put 5th choice a 100 % draw unit/hunt.

If you play the long shots with limited tags, one shouldn't be surprised when not drawn .

Sure it sucks

I'm in same boat as most of you.

Just like hoping g&f go to a 3 yr. Wait if drawn . Let applicants buy bonus points during 3 yr. Wait.  G&F would increase profits and hunters would have  up to 5 bonus points when they could reapply. Better hunting draw odds for everyone.!

• Like 4

Nothing for me again. I've got a statistic that I'd like to hear if anyone else has. In my 25 consecutive years of applying, I have never drawn a tag in the random pool. I have had to be in the max pool for every. single. tag. Never drawn antelope, drawn 3 mid-tier elk and 1 lowest tier elk tag. I've drawn a lot of deer tags but they have always been hunts where my 2 BP's put me in the max pool. I have 100% never been surprised when the cards get hit because I've been basically guaranteed every tag i have ever drawn. I honestly think i might have the worst draw luck of anyone EVER. so if anyone is feeling bad, it could probably be worse. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

10 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Nothing for me again. I've got a statistic that I'd like to hear if anyone else has. In my 25 consecutive years of applying, I have never drawn a tag in the random pool. I have had to be in the max pool for every. single. tag. Never drawn antelope, drawn 3 mid-tier elk and 1 lowest tier elk tag. I've drawn a lot of deer tags but they have always been hunts where my 2 BP's put me in the max pool. I have 100% never been surprised when the cards get hit because I've been basically guaranteed every tag i have ever drawn. I honestly think i might have the worst draw luck of anyone EVER. so if anyone is feeling bad, it could probably be worse. 

All my tags with the exception of deer have been in the random pool. I've drawn one archery lope tag and have only had 2 elk tags one early and one late, both archery.

Looks like I may be issued my 20th bonus point for antelope. 😞

45 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I've had two archery elk tags in a mid tier unit both at max points and never drawn pronghorn but only at 16 pts. My dad draws the same elk tag at about a 4 year average and had a rifle antelope at 7 pts. I think my mom has only been putting in for a little over 10 years, only buying a point a few of those years, and has had the same elk tag 3 times. 

47 minutes ago, Couestracker said:

Looks like I may be issued my 20th bonus point for antelope. 😞

Only 20th? I remember my 20th