yotebuster

The official “I didn’t get jack shoot” thread

I thought for sure I was going to draw an early archery tag... but I didn’t. Anyone know what the bonus pass was expected to be for 4a and 4b?

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

Nothing here.  Can't believe Taylor didn't draw a tag....besides the fact I put her in for early rifle bull.

But she had 9 points for pronghorn.  Still no tag, even with HER luck.

I got nada too.  Wasn't expecting a bull tag, but I only put in for early rifle, so wasn't even the least bit expectant.

I am surprised I didn't draw a pronghorn tag with 25 BPs though.  But that is my kind of luck.  I suck at drawing tags.  

Bout time she gets smacked in the face with some reality!!!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Seeing how the same people are drawn again on trophy tags 3 and 4 years in a row and I can’t even get a mid tier hunt with 8. I find it hard to believe the draw is legitimate. 

Im all for waiting 3 years after drawing a big tag before getting another one.  I'm seriously surprised how many people have drawn great tags consecutively. 

• Like 1

Just now, CatfishKev said:

Im all for waiting 3 years after drawing a big tag before getting another one.  I'm seriously surprised how many people have drawn great tags consecutively. 

Wish I was part of the in crowd 

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Wish I was part of the in crowd 

For sure. All ive ever had were otc tags. Havent even had my first drawn elk tag yet.

23 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m not surprised I wasn’t drawn. Im surprised the same people were drawn again for the 3-4th+ times in a row 

Yeah I don’t get it...buddy next to me drew the 5A antelope hunt (7 tags) twice in a row with 10 BPs. Got drawn, turned the tag in and got drawn the next year...it’s been 9 years since my last bull tag.  Some people’s luck...

1 hour ago, CraigK said:

I thought for sure I was going to draw an early archery tag... but I didn’t. Anyone know what the bonus pass was expected to be for 4a and 4b?

Probably 9...

1 hour ago, CraigK said:

I think last year was 9 for 4a. But they cut back a lot of tags this year 

All I can say is at 68 years old, I do not have a whole bunch of time left to draw one more tag.  I can't help remembering a guy I worked with put in for Bighorn Sheep on separate apps with his wife and they both got picked . I guess some people are just plain lucky

9 hours ago, CraigK said:

4a was 9 last yr. 100 tags were cut from the hunt this yr.

• Like 1

No tags for me or my wife.  I've been banking deer points for this very reason.  Kaibab archery here I come!  Anybody know what bonus pass level is on that hunt these days?  Pretty sure I have enough.   

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

4a was 9 last yr. 100 tags were cut from the hunt this yr.

Ya man, tag numbers were down in quite a few units.  I thought the reductions were appropriate but the point creep this year is probably going to be horrendous!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heat said:

No tags for me or my wife.  I've been banking deer points for this very reason.  Kaibab archery here I come!  Anybody know what bonus pass level is on that hunt these days?  Pretty sure I have enough.   

It took 5 pts to get in the bonus pass, 6 pts to be guaranteed.

• Like 1