Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Unit 1 antelope guide

A good friend of mine drew unit 1 just wondering if anyone had any recomendations for a good guide in this unit thanks

26 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

260 east of the dump. There everywhere.

The refuse? A bunch of dink’s. But that’s mostly what you’ll find throughout the unit anyway

wouldn’t spend money on a guide on that hunt. This was the nicest one I saw A2E11520-FE97-4F57-82D8-8E40AEA544B7.thumb.png.b6f102d47c0574113f19c855d66509e0.png

• Like 4

I saw him in June and never found him during the season. But I only hunted 3 days.  Of course in June he was standing 60 yards off the road and didn’t care I was there 

i don't have much for you after hunting it in 2016..  couple ideas.

contact a member guide-they might have an apprentice guide to help you.  lower cost/score ratio than spending all the money.  my info might be dated a little on this subject.

if i was getting a second chance i would look alot at the area north of escudilla.  residents back there tell some good tales but just maybe.......just past nelson reservoir turn left on acr 2116 and you can work out stone creek road all the way to the state line.

lee

I’ve had the archery hunt twice. Most recent was 2015. Scouted a lot and the best goat I could find was probably right around 80” give or take a couple inches.

Outfitters I would Recommend 

Pronghorn Guide Service: Eli Grimmett 602-828-0731

Premium Hunts: Justin Earhart 928-245-8722

Best of luck to your buddy!

Steven

Tough to not find them in 1, finding a big one is a whole different story.  It seems to be one of those units where they are all about the same size.  I have not seen a big one in there in a long time.  I am sure there are a few good ones there if you put in the time.  I don't think I would use a guide for this unit unless you just don't have time to make a few scouting trips.

If you need some extra eyes ask on the forum.  Apparently it is looking like I will have some time to help with and antelope or elk hun this year.  🙄