bojangles

The giddy bro-man

So, I was listening to Brian Call’s podcast with Jim Heffelfinger(sp?), where he basically invited the world to come Bowhunt deer in Arizona in January.    Seems like all the hunting personalities are now doing this.  I’ve seen this from Hushin, Randy Newberg, The Hunting Public, etc.

Of course, G&F is supportive of all the license revenue.  

Apparantly, we are an untapped resource for all hunters everywhere.  To me, this public invitation is somewhat unwanted.  

It’s crowded enough out there, let alone an invitation to the world to sample our fine hunting opportunities on public land.

what think ye?

• Like 3

We need hunters at the ballot box. 

Turn the tables.....go to the Midwest in October.

• Like 1

I was glad to listen to something besides a 45 minute info-mercial for MNT OPS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Brian Call can pound sand. He’s a sellout BHA Green Decoy. That being said, i wish G&F would make January archery deer a draw hunt for non-residents. A game warden told me that out of all the people he checked in a particular unit, 80% were nonresidents. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Listen to Snyder’s recent podcast on Non-Profits. Everyone needs to tune in before they decide to donate their money to these organizations who are receiving money from anti gun, anti hunting corporations. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Listen to Snyder’s recent podcast on Non-Profits. Everyone needs to tune in before they decide to donate their money to these organizations who are receiving money from anti gun, anti hunting corporations. 

Thats a good one to listen to.

10 hours ago, buckshotaz said:

I also support a non-resident archery draw, just read other hunting forums as to how many guys are talk, and taking advantage of the over the counter tags.

You know if you look at the hunter success on OTC hunts, I would bet that the harvest success vs the number of tags sold and deer taken is so low that the AZGFD will have no reason to cut tags or regulate this hunt differently. They could give a dang about the hunt pressure, as long as the deer harvest numbers aren't getting out of hand. More tags sold (especially nonresident tags!!!) equals more revenue for the department.

I call him "Grip N Grin Gritty". I used to listen to his podcast early on back when he was still learning, when he had Snyder on a lot. But lately I have no use for Gritty or his content. He' a classless sell out.

As for the all the hype on the OTC Deer hunt...…...Guess someone needs to submit a legitimate complaint and solution to the commissioners. Otherwise just we can just pipe down, look for harder to get places to hunt...………... and put small rocks in the air valve caps of all the out of state hunters who flood AZ in January. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Brian Call can pound sand. He’s a sellout BHA Green Decoy. That being said, i wish G&F would make January archery deer a draw hunt for non-residents. A game warden told me that out of all the people he checked in a particular unit, 80% were nonresidents. 

The north Kibab archery deer hunt has been that way for the past 15 to 20 years more non res than residents 

Two things make for a perfect storm.  

1) over the counter tags available to non-residents

2) Arizona's mild winter weather is a wonderful escape for people in the northern parts of the country 

I know if it was my choice, I'd choose AZ as my preferred winter destination if I had learned about the hunting opportunity in January.