eom

Boots..

I just want a pair that wont leak after hunting in snow for a day or two

• Like 2

Kenetrek Desert Guide.  Best boots I have worn.   I took chance on them after wearing out several other brands after only a couple of hunts each. The desert guides have solid tread support for the hard arizona rock.  Yes, they are expensive but I would do it again. 

• Like 1

I got some Crispi Summits a couple months back.  They have been great.  I have probably put 50 to 60 miles on them.  Heaviest pack about 40 pounds and the longest hike in them 10 miles. I have had bouts of plantar fasciitis off and on for years. I have got pretty good at managing it but still after a good hike my feet would feel it at night. With the Crispi's my feet feel great after a good hike so far.  Very happy with them

• Like 2

Find some Crispis on sale. I will never own a pair of danners. Crispis are very nice. Kenetreks are awesome as well.  They require a little more break in than the crispis tho. 

• Like 1

Love my Lowa Camino GTX’s. But I wear a very large size and only have a few options to chose from. Heard about a lot of durability problems with Crispi’s lately... Can’t go wrong with Salomon’s great for most of  AZ hunting. 

• Like 2

What are you all wearing for winter hunts for boots?  Never had to hunt in snow and now that my boy pulled a rifle tag there's a good chance we'll be hunting in the snow.

when your at REI make sure you mention they are for hunting...Huge discount!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, WHALE said:

I just want a pair that wont leak after hunting in snow for a day or two

You have a much better chance of keeping your feet dry if you wear gaiters.  When your pant legs get wet, the moisture seeps down your socks into your feet.  Believe me, gaiters are great in snow, rain, or walking in talk grass with dew.

• Like 1

I’d go barefoot before I shopped at REI.  I think right now they are raffling off a free kiss from Bernie sanders.

• Like 2

I had not heard of these boots, but found a pair on clist for dirt cheap a few months ago.

https://www.bellevilleboot.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=37

I used them on my elk hunt in December in Flagstaff when there was lots of snow and single digits temps and they were great.

Feet never came close to being cold, plenty of ankle support, great grip in tough terrain and most importantly, still comfortable at the end of the day.

While they weathered some water and mud as it warmed up later in the hunt, they were never really tested as waterproof by fording streams.

Eddie

I bought LOWA Camino GTX boots … they are AWESOME.  Much better than the Danner's than they replaced.

• Like 1

So which brands run wider than others? I see most have a wide size but that doesn’t say much. I’m a 15 w-eee depending on the shoe. so trying on at a store usually isn’t an option.