Sign in to follow this  
Sako7mm

WTB Retumbo powder

They have listed;

1# Retumbo ~$34.00

8# Retumbo ~$234.00

FedX ground Shipping for both ~$17.00

No Sales tax showed before credit card charge.

Best wishes.

Boarman03

22 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Big Country Sporting goods shows they have both 1# and 8#. I've never dealt with them. Could be a wild goose chase, I'd call and verify.

Just trying to help.

https://www.bigcountrysportinggoods.com/hodgdon-powder-company-inc-hodgdon-powder-retumbo-8-ret8/

Don’t buy from Big Country Sporting goods!  They will charge you and put your order on back order!  It will never get filled and you will need to dispute charge with your credit card company!

• Like 1

I emailed them awhile back and got a reply that they do not have it in stock as the site shows.  The above response would be correct in saying they will take your money and you'll never see the powder. 

Found this on a forum:

xx.gif
Hodgdon powder supply
« on: January 12, 2020, 05:45:22 PM »

From FB via NM posting

Hodgdon Powder Supply Update:
We just returned from the Big Rock Shooting Sports show held last week in Nashville, where we had a chance to sit down with the folks from Hodgdon (Hodgdon, IMR and Winchester powders.)
During 2019 the industry experienced shortages of some of Hodgdon's most popular powders, including Retumbo and H1000, and by the end of the year, Varget.  These powders, as well as H4350, are shipped in barrels from Australia.

We asked Hodgdon why these shortages occurred, and what we should expect in 2020 ??

Going back to 2017 and early 2018 Hodgdon, and the whole industry were experiencing unusually poor demand.  They made substantial government sales in 2017-2018 to soak up what they believed was excess supply at that time.

By late 2018 and 2019 demand was picking up again, especially for big case magnum powders.  Unfortunately during this same period Hodgdon began experiencing supply problems from Australia.  These problems are logistical and not related to production.  Australia and steamship lines have new regulations concerning how much powder can be shipped on one vessel, how much powder can be in a container terminal at one time, and the hazard classification of the powder itself.   Shipments were delayed and a few were even returned to the producer during 2019 due to these issues.

Hodgdon believes they are now ahead of the problems and will have more success shipping the Australian powders in 2020.  Some is on the way now, which should make it into distribution by April.  Varget, H1000 and H4350 should be back in distribution by April, Retumbo should be available sometime April to June.
Thanks for your interest!
January 12, 2020
Three Forks Ammo & Reloading

I have scoured the internet looking to try and help. Couldn't find any other places that had it in stock. Cabela's shows you can back order it when I looked.

Natchez was out of stock.

If what I posted is true, one more month or so and, Retumbo should be starting to fill the shelves.

Best of Luck.