Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Tag Surrender/Point Guard=No Bonus Point?

Just now, bigorange said:

And get put on a 3-year wait to draw again while we’re at it... 😁

Having needed shoulder surgery the same year I drew an elk tag in 3a 3c tag after waiting 15 years I would have gladly lost two points then to be told to take a hike by the game and fish office. Now we got turds giving tags back be cause their goldfish died or there feelings are hurt.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AZBIG10 said:

Having needed shoulder surgery the same year I drew an elk tag in 3a 3c tag after waiting 15 years I would have gladly lost two points then to be told to take a hike by the game and fish office. Now we got turds giving tags back be cause their goldfish died or there feelings are hurt.

Yeah I was only half serious...but no matter what the turds are going to game any system that gets put in place. 

8 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Yeah I was only half serious...but no matter what the turds are going to game any system that gets put in place. 

I figured. But yah the same peeps ripping of Home Depot 😂

34 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I figured. But yah the same peeps ripping of Home Depot 😂

It hurts Daddy when you say those things

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

It hurts Daddy when you say those things

I don’t care enough to hurt you son. I was talking to the grown folks. 😂

I have a NR relative with 9 points that accidentally put 5a antlerless instead of 5a bull.   Low and behold, he got drawn.  He is going to be using his point guard turning tag back in so somebody is going to get to go hunting but just doesn't know it yet. 

1 hour ago, knothead said:

I have a NR relative with 9 points that accidentally put 5a antlerless instead of 5a bull.   Low and behold, he got drawn.  He is going to be using his point guard turning tag back in so somebody is going to get to go hunting but just doesn't know it yet. 

Give Eddie Corona a call. He can get that tag to a kid or a vet.

+1 (480) 529-8340

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knothead said:

Ouch, that's an expensive accident.

28 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Ouch, that's an expensive accident.

The point guard saved him from it being a REALLY expensive accident. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:07 PM, AZBIG10 said:

Or we didn’t get enough rain and horn growth was bad.

Does G&F give any guidelines on when or why a tag can be turned in? Besides "before the hunt begins". 

1 hour ago, 520HUNT said:

Does G&F give any guidelines on when or why a tag can be turned in? Besides "before the hunt begins". 

All of us know what it feels like to deal with the frustration and disappointment of an unforeseen event. After all, life happens.

That’s why the Arizona Game and Fish Department is excited to announce an innovative new program in “PointGuard,” which essentially will provide hunters with peace of mind in knowing that they can surrender their hunt permit-tag for any reason without losing their coveted bonus points.

A bonus point is an accumulated credit that authorizes the department to issue an applicant additional computer-generated random numbers during a draw. An applicant accumulates a bonus point each year in which he or she submits a valid application and does not draw a hunt permit-tag. PointGuard ensures that if a successful applicant is unable to participate in a hunt for any reason, the accumulated bonus points that were expended to draw that hunt permit-tag will be reinstated.

h_spacer_lineGrayClr.gif

Here are the requirements:

• PointGuard is available to applicants who apply online for a hunt permit-tag.
  • All applicants must sign up for a free AZGFD Portal account to purchase PointGuard (visit www.azgfd.gov, click on the “Sign in to Account” button in the upper right-hand corner of the home page, then select the “Create an Account” option).
  • PointGuard is $5 per species, per applicant, purchased at the time of completing the online application, or prior to the application period deadline. The fee is non-refundable.
  • Only one hunt permit-tag may be surrendered, per species. If an applicant is drawn in the future for that particular species, that hunt-permit tag must be used, expending all accumulated bonus points. Only then may an applicant participate again in PointGuard.

The primary applicant (the person who takes the lead in completing the online application for the other applicants) will be prompted to purchase PointGuard at the time of completing the online application. That primary applicant can purchase PointGuard for each additional applicant who has a verified Portal account.

Tag surrender application

h_spacer_lineGrayClr.gif

Here is the process to surrender a hunt permit-tag:

• A hunt permit-tag must be surrendered prior to the close of business the day before the start of that particular hunt.
  • An applicant who has purchased PointGuard will present the original hunt permit-tag to be surrendered, along with a completed tag surrender application form, in person to any customer service representative at any of the department’s statewide office locations, or by mailing the hunt permit-tag and tag surrender application form to AZGFD, Attn: Draw, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086.
  • The hunt permit-tag being surrendered and PointGuard purchase will be verified by the department.
  • The department will restore all accumulated bonus points for that particular species, including the bonus point the applicant would have accrued if not successful in the draw.
  • The hunt permit-tag fee is non-refundable.

A person who donates, or transfers, his or her hunt permit-tag to a qualified nonprofit organization, also can participate in tag surrender, provided the requirements listed above are fulfilled. An acceptable proof of the transfer must be provided to the department (a receipt from the qualified nonprofit organization, for example). The tag surrender application form and an acceptable proof of the hunt permit-tag being donated must be completed within 60 days of the donation, and no less than 30 days before the next application deadline for that particular species.

According to rule (R12-4-118), the department has several options for the reissuance of a  surrendered hunt permit-tag. The proximity to the start of a particular hunt, the type of hunt permit-tag, and demand for that hunt permit-tag will factor into how it will be reissued.

For more information, call (602) 942-3000.