UggRedBilly

Big Bo Ranch (Unit 10)

1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

Thank you! I am renting a car this Thursday to go up there for the first time. Never been in the part of the state! I am gonna go near the kiabab lake area and work my way west at it gets closer towards season!

Lol, your taking some other dudes car up there!? You need a truck man. Elk hunters don't drive cars.  

• Like 4

Why do you have two post about the same hunt? Most people don’t realize how big unit 10 is!  You sound really excited which is cool.  Unit 10 is a mentally challenging hunt in November and with a bow multiple that by 10.   Never been in 10 before pray for luck.  Just keeping it real. 

13 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Lol, your taking some other dudes car up there!? You need a truck man. Elk hunters don't drive cars.  

I'm renting a truck😂my bad!

Just now, UggRedBilly said:

I'm renting a truck😂my bad!

Well that's better I guess.  But I'm still worried about you. 

6 minutes ago, az300wby said:

Why do you have two post about the same hunt? Most people don’t realize how big unit 10 is!  You sound really excited which is cool.  Unit 10 is a mentally challenging hunt in November and with a bow multiple that by 10.   Never been in 10 before pray for luck.  Just keeping it real. 

Just super excited and ready to go at it I guess. First elk hunt n all that too. I know itll be challenging but I plan on going a lot over the next few months so I am trying to find lots of good starting points!

Just now, CatfishKev said:

Well that's better I guess.  But I'm still worried about you. 

Yeah. It is going to be real tough. Just am trying to look on the positive side! I find deer in "hard hunts" and I mean I know elk is harder but anything can happen!

Like I found this deer near Scottsdale in a "bad hunting area"

20200115_101627.jpg

1 minute ago, UggRedBilly said:

Yeah. It is going to be real tough. Just am trying to look on the positive side! I find deer in "hard hunts" and I mean I know elk is harder but anything can happen!

Like I found this deer near Scottsdale in a "bad hunting area"

20200115_101627.jpg

Good start.  I was surprised on the kaibab how many people bailed after the first weekend on primo tags.  Even though it's a tough hunt you have to consider the caliber of other hunters.  Most guys are not hardcore, this website is the exception I think.  Guys here for the most part are pretty die hard which also makes this a great place to hang out and learn. If you get out there and scout hard and hunt harder you can make it happen. 

Do you know how to use a tripod to glass?

I have been learning how to lately with my friends! The "gridding" technique! I found lots of whitetail in 24b with it and TONS of mullies in 24a and 25m and 26m which is where I found that deer. I am actually going to sportsmens tomorrow to buy a new glass for a far distance tripod. A vortex 15x56 vulture HD! I currently have a 10×50 vortex hd which is great for within 400 yards but I wanna glass for miles! And I will buy my first tripod soon too!

You ever blown your 4x4 hubs while driving sideways through 2 foot of clay and snow? With a solid axle and the snow breaks your windsheild whipers? You better have some survival gear in your truck bud!! Unit 10 roads when wet are the devil of them all!!

3 minutes ago, Explorer said:

You ever blown your 4x4 hubs while driving sideways through 2 foot of clay and snow? With a solid axle and the snow breaks your windsheild whipers? You better have some survival gear in your truck bud!! Unit 10 roads when wet are the devil of them all!!

Sounds like long story! I'm sorry about that! But I will make sure to add that to my list of stuff to prepare for over the months!

Edited by UggRedBilly
Typo

I love and hate unit 10.  Love when I draw a tag hate the hunt.  But I am alittle crazy and love a grinder hunt. Explorer isn’t joking about the roads.  I like your positive attitude you will need it.  
you will need some big eyes. 
attached is some eye candy, a bull I glassed up in nov last year. 

BC158B78-933D-40B2-8131-6102C2B44459.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, az300wby said:

I love and hate unit 10.  Love when I draw a tag hate the hunt.  But I am alittle crazy and love a grinder hunt. Explorer isn’t joking about the roads.  I like your positive attitude you will need it.  
you will need some big eyes. 
attached is some eye candy, a bull I glassed up in nov last year. 

BC158B78-933D-40B2-8131-6102C2B44459.jpeg

Dang man! That's so cool! I bet itll be tough with FEW elk seen and if I do see them itll be harder sneaking within 30 yards with a bow! I did it with whitetail last january. I just bothed the shot but just sneaking up on it taught me a ton! Thank you! Makes me feel better bout the unit!

your binos will be your best friend in 10.  Hope you have a spotter.  
Bed them down and make it happen.  One more

CA487630-47A1-43D6-9D5F-F334E8FDC950.jpeg

4 minutes ago, az300wby said:

your binos will be your best friend in 10.  Hope you have a spotter.  
Bed them down and make it happen.  One more

CA487630-47A1-43D6-9D5F-F334E8FDC950.jpeg

That's amazing! Thank you!

I cant beleive some people , Honestly. I think You either Hunt or You don't.  I drew a Unit 10 early tag 5 years ago and had never stepped a foot in  the unit.   I hired  a guide .That I don't like to do, But He Knew the unit.   Take it from there...............BOB!