UggRedBilly

Big Bo Ranch (Unit 10)

This thread is awesome.  I started reading it expecting it to be another I want your spots but not your honey hole thread but ended up pleasantly surprised.  Sounds like you’ve got the drive RedBilly.  Good luck with the hunt.  You truly picked one of the toughest hunts to start out with but that makes it all the sweeter when you glass your first bull or better yet kill one.  I don’t know a ton about unit 10 but I do know that in a late archery hunt having someone to help you as a spotter is going to be the biggest piece of advice I can give you.  Figure out a set of radios with ear buds or text if you have service but the most important thing you can have is eyes on you and on the bull.  I can’t count how many stalks ive blown because and animal got up and started feeding and I was just closing in.  I’ve also killed a pile of them because my sporter let me know and I took a knee and they fed right to me.  I wish I knew about unit 10 but I don’t.  Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.   Anyone driven enough to use a ride share rental to get to the Big Bo to scout has the drive to get it done if you ask me!!

• Like 2

Bob.  I am so hurt by your comment.  Sure are some nice people on here.  

On 3/9/2020 at 5:55 AM, yotebuster said:

This thread is awesome.  I started reading it expecting it to be another I want your spots but not your honey hole thread but ended up pleasantly surprised.  Sounds like you’ve got the drive RedBilly.  Good luck with the hunt.  You truly picked one of the toughest hunts to start out with but that makes it all the sweeter when you glass your first bull or better yet kill one.  I don’t know a ton about unit 10 but I do know that in a late archery hunt having someone to help you as a spotter is going to be the biggest piece of advice I can give you.  Figure out a set of radios with ear buds or text if you have service but the most important thing you can have is eyes on you and on the bull.  I can’t count how many stalks ive blown because and animal got up and started feeding and I was just closing in.  I’ve also killed a pile of them because my sporter let me know and I took a knee and they fed right to me.  I wish I knew about unit 10 but I don’t.  Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.   Anyone driven enough to use a ride share rental to get to the Big Bo to scout has the drive to get it done if you ask me!!

Thanks man! I really appreciate it!

8 hours ago, duckhunter175 said:

@UggRedBilly  How did the hunt go??

I was there for 3 days. Had to cut it short to go on my deer hunt! Saw a bull but by the time I saw him it was already hoofing it. Just a rag horn but still something. Then we got within 80 yards of 2 cows and they had been spooked from us walking too loudly. Was a whole lotta fun! Found a nice shed that scored 64" and saw a whole lotta deer too! I should've sat water knowing how dry it was but I didn't have the patience for that. Overall it was a ton of fun! I am going to put in for elk again. Maybe not a late hunt this time! Maybe an early cow or I might save points for unit 9 early archery! I think that one will be a blast!

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1