Sign in to follow this  
Nikki.AWHounds

Sell or keep

Heres the deal. We have this box and the fiance has it posted for sale, however I think we should clean it up and use it for a camp kitchen box since it has a nice table and it can fit some cast iron and seasonings and plates and all the stuff we have in plastic totes that the lids blow off, they break, whatever. 

So I'm trying to convince him it would make the coolest camp kitchen box ever. What do you think? I know it needs clean. It wouldnt cost much for me to remove the little yuck on it and repaint it (I suggested do the whole outside in army tan herculine) and use it instead of sell it. Let me know what you think. 

Screenshot_20200308-130146_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200308-130153_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Looks like junk to me.  Sorry, just my opinion.  I do have a hard time seeing the diamond in the turd tho. haha

Have to agree with huntharder the only thing you’re not able to get out of the pictures this the smell of the turd 💩 or the dog barking that left it. Many moons back it looks like it would have been a worthwhile setup 

I think it looks cool!  I agree it could be an Awesome camp table with a little cleaning and paint.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 360 0r Better said:

Have to agree with huntharder the only thing you’re not able to get out of the pictures this the smell of the turd 💩 or the dog barking that left it. Many moons back it looks like it would have been a worthwhile setup 

No smell to it. And the dogs only bark when theres game 🤣🤣 I guess when most people cant camp without a 100k$ toy hauler they would see it as just an old army box. 🤷🏻‍♀️ we turned down 125$ for it this morning from 2 different gals on facebook. Maybe I'll post the after pics later this fall when it's in camp with some hunters

• Like 2

Looks like a lot of work...  wood is kind of heavy, and rivets are a PITA when they come loose or to rework to replace the vinyl.  You will easily spend half of the $50-$80 it costs to buy a fold up camp kitchen.  

It could be very cool looking and a great project if you like working on this stuff. The older I get and after attempting this kind of thing many times I appreciate my wife more for throwing stuff away before I get cool ideas. 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Looks like old military desk.

It is. The drawers all have stuff written on it. It all works good and the wood is in great shape. 1 side has chipped paint and some yuck on it. I love it. 

The structure of the box is awesome. It literally needs pressure washed and paint. 

6 minutes ago, rcdinaz said:

Looks like a lot of work...  wood is kind of heavy, and rivets are a PITA when they come loose or to rework to replace the vinyl.  You will easily spend half of the $50-$80 it costs to buy a fold up camp kitchen.  

It could be very cool looking and a great project if you like working on this stuff. The older I get and after attempting this kind of thing many times I appreciate my wife more for throwing stuff away before I get cool ideas. 😁

The 1 hour it will take me to clean it and repaint it and $6 in paint, I'd rather have this set up then one that every other guy out there has. But I'm also driving an 89 Mazda pickup that is about to become a flatbed and literally everything I have is older then me. 

When you guide 150+ clients a year. A Fisher Price camp kitchen dont cut it. 

• Like 2

I grew up with a camp kitchen box similar to that but a bit smaller. It looks a little roughed up on the top and table. If you could easily reinforce I say go for it. Heck how much you going to get for it anyway? My advice is he should have you go for it, there is no downside.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nikki.AWHounds said:

No smell to it. And the dogs only bark when theres game 🤣🤣 I guess when most people cant camp without a 100k$ toy hauler they would see it as just an old army box. 🤷🏻‍♀️ we turned down 125$ for it this morning from 2 different gals on facebook. Maybe I'll post the after pics later this fall when it's in camp with some hunters

So you are saying he lost and you are keeping it?

16 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

I grew up with a camp kitchen box similar to that but a bit smaller. It looks a little roughed up on the top and table. If you could easily reinforce I say go for it. Heck how much you going to get for it anyway? My advice is he should have you go for it, there is no downside.

I thanks for the advice I think it will turn out good. Was asking $150 for it. 

Thanks for all the responses everyone. In all seriousness this was just a fun post to see what folks thought and just have some fun on this windy kinda chilly day we are having up here. All you valley folks send some heat up here will ya!? Lol