elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

1 hour ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

35139.thumb.jpeg.ead0efec4ec2ba2f301ef446d872c102.jpeg

Yeah I wish doomsdayers would stop buying all of the masks.  Pretty soon we wont be able to use TP either

Idea stolen from my friend Ronnie thought it was quite funny.

Home depot is out of paint masks. Guess well do it the old fashioned way and spit pure white, agreeable gray or kilim beige colored hockers out of our sinuses the next few days. 

effect of the virus scare as some pretty good dang jokes.

"You know what goes good with Corona virus .............    "Lyme disease"

• Like 4

15 hours ago, elecshoc said:

Man that's sucks.  We were lucky in that quite a few years ago we implemented our own warehouse system.  With that we've been able to keep a back stock of parts so when we order we're typically ordering to refresh our stock.  That with the back stock of our vendors we've luckly haven't felt the pressure as much.  However give it another couple of months then were going to have to start looking at our company coming up short with parts as well.

This is how our house keeps toilet paper inventory as well...... :)

• Haha 1

Just gonna throw this out there for my fellow Gen-Xers!

CoronaVirus_ComeOnEileen.thumb.jpg.1dbfed227339a8133411ac1e764cfc8c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Swine flu killed 13000 people in the US in 2009-2010  during the Obama era. There was no market meltdown.  No, OMG!, the world is ending. There was no 24/7 media coverage blaming people that have no business being blamed. 

This is a coordinated effort by the media to crash the market. It's purely a political scheme to hurt President Trump before the election. Period.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

The Swine flu killed 13000 people in the US in 2009-2010  during the Obama era. There was no market meltdown.  No, OMG!, the world is ending. There was no 24/7 media coverage blaming people that have no business being blamed. 

This is a coordinated effort by the media to crash the market. It's purely a political scheme to hurt President Trump before the election. Period.

One thing that I like that might be a rebound result of this propaganda stunt is that it will give Trump a springboard to push border laws and bringing manufacturing/china jobs back to USA!

We will never match china cheap but maybe we can become more self reliant and not at the mercy of other countries..........

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

Yes the media coverage has been quite short sighted on our shores, but the market meltdown didn't happen because americans ran on TP and water.  The meltdown happened because markets reacted to the basic shutdown of China for the last month.  To blame the market run on the US media is a little presumptuous on the power of the media.

This is what I meant in the first post of the thread,  the market fall out didn't start here.  The market fall was a domino effect that started when China focused their efforts on containing this virus and not on production.  On top of that Russia and the Saudis decided to make a run on production shares of oil and now we have real effects of the virus showing up here in real time.

This is the real effect, not the projected all out doom that certain media outlets are projecting.  This is what I wanted to discuss about here as well.  If the virus keeps on track and becomes fully communal as it looks like it is. 

What are the effects of this and how is that impacting your life?

We may complain and moan about the media all we want, it still not going to stop the effects from happening. 

55 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

One thing that I like that might be a rebound result of this propaganda stunt is that it will give Trump a springboard to push border laws and bringing manufacturing/china jobs back to USA!

We will never match china cheap but maybe we can become more self reliant and not at the mercy of other countries..........

Yes this needs to be a priority.  

Report out of Gunnison, first case has been identified there which means I want my boy home for spring break early :) in all seriousness, here at our school district in Snowflake we have been told that precautions need to be taken but schools aren't going to be shut down as reported on the news! So work goes on here...............

• Like 1

My brother is a CEO of a architectural firm.  He lives outside of Seattle and around three weeks ago, he brought his truck to the dealership in Kirkland.   Along with him, he brought his bulldog along.  His bulldog captured the attention of everybody at the dealership.  My bro says everybody came out to pet his dog.  Several days passed when my brother became seriously ill.

As a result, he started working from home, but while he was working from home, he made many calls to medical professionals.  His research revealed that several workers at the auto dealership were now in the hospital with the Corona Virus.  My brother asked to be tested, but he was told that unless he was in Critical Condition, they can't offer him the test.  

With that said, the number listed for Washington State (@160) is pure hog wash.  If they only test the people who end up in Critical Condition, then obviously the number means nothing.  As professionals there admitted the real number is in the thousands.  

Fact is, both sides (parties/factions), right and left are downplaying the truth.  All the Media Networks are basically subsidiaries of Wall Street holding companies.  While the viewers of one network hate the viewers of a different network, the shareholders/executives of the different networks are sharing cocktails with each other.

Now, on the other hand, I hate crowds, so I am digging the fact that everybody seems to be hunkering down.  Just cough every once in a while and crowds are nowhere to be seen.

• Like 2

I personally think there is something to this and it is not a complete "nothingburger". China would not just shut off half their manufacturing indefinitely and weld people inside buildings if it was just a flu. Also I do not trust the media one bit this either.  I really don't know what to think of it, one thing I know for sure, we are not getting the full story on this and what is going on behind the scenes. 

• Like 3

"A person is smart; people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals..."

I just wonder what it's going to look like when the reported cases in the US get into the tens of thousands.

• Like 1

Remeber under Obama's Administration they sold the virus from UNC to the Chinese.

The first cases were right near the Chinese lab that had the virus.  Im waiting for the real news to surface that the Chinese intentionally released to cause world havoc or their own population  controll.

Years ago Bill Gates was giving shots to kids and not telling them it was to sterilize them.

Something to think about, not all truth in our news media.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, elecshoc said:

Yes the media coverage has been quite short sighted on our shores, but the market meltdown didn't happen because americans ran on TP and water.  The meltdown happened because markets reacted to the basic shutdown of China for the last month.  To blame the market run on the US media is a little presumptuous on the power of the media.

This is what I meant in the first post of the thread,  the market fall out didn't start here.  The market fall was a domino effect that started when China focused their efforts on containing this virus and not on production.  On top of that Russia and the Saudis decided to make a run on production shares of oil and now we have real effects of the virus showing up here in real time.

This is the real effect, not the projected all out doom that certain media outlets are projecting.  This is what I wanted to discuss about here as well.  If the virus keeps on track and becomes fully communal as it looks like it is. 

What are the effects of this and how is that impacting your life?

We may complain and moan about the media all we want, it still not going to stop the effects from happening. 

Fair enough.  I still believe it's all political.  I'll leave it at that. Our business is doing good with no issues.  

I'll come back to this thread on Nov 4th and see if we're all dead. 

• Like 3