elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

5 hours ago, MT_Sourdough said:

My brother is a CEO of a architectural firm.  He lives outside of Seattle and around three weeks ago, he brought his truck to the dealership in Kirkland.   Along with him, he brought his bulldog along.  His bulldog captured the attention of everybody at the dealership.  My bro says everybody came out to pet his dog.  Several days passed when my brother became seriously ill.

As a result, he started working from home, but while he was working from home, he made many calls to medical professionals.  His research revealed that several workers at the auto dealership were now in the hospital with the Corona Virus.  My brother asked to be tested, but he was told that unless he was in Critical Condition, they can't offer him the test.  

With that said, the number listed for Washington State (@160) is pure hog wash.  If they only test the people who end up in Critical Condition, then obviously the number means nothing.  As professionals there admitted the real number is in the thousands.  

Fact is, both sides (parties/factions), right and left are downplaying the truth.  All the Media Networks are basically subsidiaries of Wall Street holding companies.  While the viewers of one network hate the viewers of a different network, the shareholders/executives of the different networks are sharing cocktails with each other.

Now, on the other hand, I hate crowds, so I am digging the fact that everybody seems to be hunkering down.  Just cough every once in a while and crowds are nowhere to be seen.

How's your brother doing now?

Biggest hoax ever perpetuated. It's a test to see how people react when given something to be scared of in turbulent times. The results are scary. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 25-06 said:

How's your brother doing now?

My brother had maybe two days where he pretty much stayed in bed at the worst point.  He is the type of guy who could not ever find peace in staying still, so he's been working on his son's car in the rain while he is staying home.  Cough is almost gone, but because he is entirely confident it was coronavirus, his wife is having to quarantine herself as well.   She doesn't appear to have contracted the virus.  My bro is a healthy 49 year old and he was able to ride it out.  He is, in my opinion, a highly stressed individual and may be susceptible on the front end.  His over all health and vitality allowed him to beat back the virus in fairly short order. 

His son is coming to visit with his grand parents in Arizona.  I raised the red flag, because it was my original understanding that he was working on the car with his dad.  I was concerned that the old folk might not fair well with the virus.  We all were able to relax when we learned that the young man was teaching snowboarding at a ski resort while his dad worked on his car, so there was no interaction between the two and no risk of contagion.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, n2horns said:

Remeber under Obama's Administration they sold the virus from UNC to the Chinese.

The first cases were right near the Chinese lab that had the virus.  Im waiting for the real news to surface that the Chinese intentionally released to cause world havoc or their own population  controll.

Years ago Bill Gates was giving shots to kids and not telling them it was to sterilize them.

Something to think about, not all truth in our news media.

Ummm........   Do you REALLY believe that about Bill Gates??? 😳  A few key strokes on the keyboard to view various articles/info on that (and the context) easily reveals the conspiracy theory behind it.   God bless the internet!  Too funny....  😂

• Like 4

On 3/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, Non-Typical Solutions said:

One thing that I like that might be a rebound result of this propaganda stunt is that it will give Trump a springboard to push border laws and bringing manufacturing/china jobs back to USA!

We will never match china cheap but maybe we can become more self reliant and not at the mercy of other countries..........

I’m kinda thinking this will blow over (as all the hype does when people get bored) by early summer and the market will rally which should be a good boost for trump going into the election.  People have very short attention spans, and a market crash and virus scare will be long out of their minds by late summer. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I’m kinda thinking this will blow over (as all the hype does when people get bored) by early summer and the market will rally which should be a good boost for trump going into the election.  People have very short attention spans, and a market crash and virus scare will be long out of their minds by late summer. 

Advice from my older brother.........turn the TV off.....get outdoors and go hunt something :) 

• Like 4

On 3/9/2020 at 4:37 PM, elecshoc said:

So with health care IT is their any type of disaster protocol training that you go through.  It seems like the forgotten part of the hospital, we always think of the drs and nurses.  Support staff have their parts to play in this as well.  I have a good friend thats a technician for Phillips and works throughout NM working on their imaging machines.  I know imaging is a big part of diagnosing this particular virus.  

I work with our medical record software at the enterprise level for our organization and not at individual facility level, so I haven’t seen a lot of what’s going on at the facility level. All of our facilities are required to have emergency/disaster plans and with the increasing use of EMR software and data storage IT and other support roles are definitely included. Everyone at the facilities usually go through various trainings as well. When stuff hits the fan they do get easily forgotten though until the need arises. 

• Like 3

On 3/10/2020 at 10:25 AM, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Report out of Gunnison, first case has been identified there which means I want my boy home for spring break early :) in all seriousness, here at our school district in Snowflake we have been told that precautions need to be taken but schools aren't going to be shut down as reported on the news! So work goes on here...............

Good to hear, there are now reports out of Socorro and Bernaillio counties in NM today.  So keep on trucking because it looks like you're starting to get the squeezed in between virus locations.  

On 3/10/2020 at 9:14 AM, Non-Typical Solutions said:

One thing that I like that might be a rebound result of this propaganda stunt is that it will give Trump a springboard to push border laws and bringing manufacturing/china jobs back to USA!

We will never match china cheap but maybe we can become more self reliant and not at the mercy of other countries..........

as manufacturing equipment becomes more sophisticated & more automated, that statement becomes more and more untrue with every passing year.  A machine shop I was GM of for many years in Tempe would routinely beat the crap out of shops in China, Mexico & Eastern Europe for making aircraft parts.  And we'd also often get parts back that had been lost to those other countries when the "cheap" shops either a.) couldn't deliver on time or b.) couldn't hold quality control requirements (oops, looks like somebody forgot to make an allowance for risk and supply chain disruption!).  

I think that if more people involved with procurement would quit blindly buying the "no one can compete with China" BS and actually start quoting American based manufacturers they'd probably be very surprised with what they find.  Hopefully that's a positive result of this mess, maybe some will start looking domestically.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mattys281 said:

as manufacturing equipment becomes more sophisticated & more automated, that statement becomes more and more untrue with every passing year.  A machine shop I was GM of for many years in Tempe would routinely beat the crap out of shops in China, Mexico & Eastern Europe for making aircraft parts.  And we'd also often get parts back that had been lost to those other countries when the "cheap" shops either a.) couldn't deliver on time or b.) couldn't hold quality control requirements (oops, looks like somebody forgot to make an allowance for risk and supply chain disruption!).  

I think that if more people involved with procurement would quit blindly buying the "no one can compete with China" BS and actually start quoting American based manufacturers they'd probably be very surprised with what they find.  Hopefully that's a positive result of this mess, maybe some will start looking domestically.

I don't know man I thought that the reason that China was so much cheaper was because they steer clear of all the pollution and safety OSHA type laws. Is it even possible for American companies to be competitive? 

24 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I don't know man I thought that the reason that China was so much cheaper was because they steer clear of all the pollution and safety OSHA type laws. Is it even possible for American companies to be competitive? 

I'm sure they still beat us in segments that are dirty like chemical products and areas that have high manual labor inputs.  Highly automated production is different though.  I've been in a couple different machine shops in the Tempe area that had millions of dollars worth of machine tools running and only a handful of people to attend to them.  When you spread labor across enough machines, the price eventually gets pretty close to zero, regardless of how much that labor costs.  One shop I was in literally had more people working on deburring parts than they did running the machines.

As for the pollution and safety stuff, my understanding of the NAFTA agreement was that they were supposed to be adhering to standards that were very similar to our own.  As I recall that was Clinton's contribution to that deal when he finalized it during his first term.  Had the deal gone through before the first Bush left office, those requirements would have been absent, although since nobody every enforced them the point is moot.  That was one of President Trumps big points in taking on the Chinese in his trade war, not only was the field skewed in their favor from the get go, but they weren't even abiding by the limited rules they had agreed to.  Who could blame them, nobody every made them follow the rules.  

• Like 2

china succeeded in manufacturing because of cheap labor and parts. They did exactly what they intended to. that is get all the work for cheap and do it, then build up a base and make people depend on it. They had all the money in the world because there gov paid for it. This was all planned and thought out many years ago with 150% success. after companies using china for a few years china started rasing prices. if you didn't pay you didnt get your shoot. and they wouldnt give you the refined dies/molds/blueprints.or technology like you gave to them to get started. so now your stuck.

Motorola was one of those casualty's and a few others. I used to deal direct with Motorola and Kuja die and mold in China. they flat out fucked Motorola but it served them right by motorola being the greedy bastards they were. 

lets see what they got.

Everyone is dependant on them,

They got tons of info and technology from our parts and shops.

now they make money because they raised prices years ago and we have no one to do it here like we used to.

and why cause most companies are greedy, they'll sell there mom to make a buck. and china is pimping out there mom too.

today china has some of the nicest machine shops in the world, cleanest and most advanced. they use government money to build them so its ulimited fund. that being said its the hightech shops for hightech stuff. the crap so to speak is just like what we have here in America every tom dick and harry has machine shops in there neighborhoods/garages making shoot on the side and non high tech stuff. china is the same way except there is millions of them. they dont pay taxs have licences worry about epa issues or osha issues, no tolorances no inspections etc etc. 75% of the shoot is junk or sub par but its cheap. heck look at craiglist theres a ton of people that advertise in there. most of them arein there garage.

• Like 1

My better half is a director with Cuisinart Waring Conair. Years ago the Chinese were setup with manufacturing Cuisinart goods.

The Chinese always refused to take any faulty products back, were caught using substandard parts. One such debacle involved them using subpar rivets in food processers a few years ago. The rivots were failing causing cutting blades to go flying like shiny razor shrapnel.

The processors all had to be recalled and there was liability suits against the company in the tens of millions. Of course the Chinese could not be held accountable nor would they allow the manufacturing be moved, how would they make knockoffs?

The manufacturing has been coming home since.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

My better half is a director with Cuisinart Waring Conair. Years ago the Chinese were setup with manufacturing Cuisinart goods.

The Chinese always refused to take any faulty products back, were caught using substandard parts. One such debacle involved them using subpar rivets in food processers a few years ago. The rivots were failing causing cutting blades to go flying like shiny razor shrapnel.

The processors all had to be recalled and there was liability suits against the company in the tens of millions. Of course the Chinese could not be held accountable nor would they allow the manufacturing be moved, how would they make knockoffs?

The manufacturing has been coming home since.

slowly but were running out of machinest. only ones worth a shoot are in there late 40s-80. everyone else just hits a button, they dont know how or why.

our biggest problem and I said it when it happend when the clinton admin started cutting school shop class's. actually it was hilaray and her law firm before that. they were suing people right and left for letting young kids work with so called hazardous stuff. saws, knives ,lathes mills etc etc.

it will take 15-20 years to get the SMARTS back into the manufactuering industry. I know many people that are in there 60-70s that are working again in machine shops because good people cant be found anymore. and the schools today are useless. They dont teach people shoot. they might teach you how to program but any idiot can do that you have to know how to machine before you can efficiently program. a 7 year old kid can program as its just a computer program.