elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

3 hours ago, Edge said:

No I think he means how the media's bias against Trump is fanning hysteria.

Yes...

2 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

I’m a realtor and the selling market is VERY hot right now. Most properties i look at are getting multiple above asking offers in the first couple of days! Which sucks, because I’m also looking to buy right now and the inventory is crazy low! I wouldn’t let it stop you from buying right now. 

That's one good thing for me! My house should be on the market within the next 10 to 14 days! Painters are there right now, new carpet coming on Monday!

• Like 1

Meanwhile, China seems to be stabilizing:

There is a “semblance that production capability is actually now coming back to the Chinese economy,” Tay said, citing a decline in the number of reported infections in the country.

That will likely make the Chinese economy “the first in the world” to get back on track, he told CNBC’s “Squawk Box” on Tuesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/chinas-coronavirus-outbreak-has-passed-its-worst-says-ubs.html

The US is a few weeks behind in regards to this virus, but I suspect we’ll see the same results by April. When you look at the actual numbers rather than listen to media, it puts things in perspective. 

Just for clarification, I’m not downplaying what’s going on here. My beef is with the way the media is handling it. Not only is it dangerous, but irresponsible. It’s creating undo hardship and panic simply out of spite. 

C9B867D2-F6D9-45C1-9B77-C0152AFDB9A9.png

24A85D36-EDD7-4CAD-9C3D-CE909DD7388A.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Its crazy, we missed out on 2 houses already. 

I too wonder what effect it Will have on the overall economy and housing market.  With the economy already being effected and now travel related people getting less work, disneyland shutting down etc etc it will effect people's income. When that happens bills and mortgsges dont get paid. Could potentially cause a domino effect like the last recession we had.  I basically flip homes for the banks to put back on the market so I'm a little nervous what effect it Will have on my household.  

I went to Safeway to get some milk  and beer, walking around it was crazy.  Chip aisle was getting picked over, pasta and rice almost gone.  The frozen pizza where getting low.  Water was going out faster than people coming in.

During my checkout, they said the plastics bags for bagging groceries were not shipped from warehouse, but i think it is the rush. I overheard the manager say someone stole the toilet paper out of the bathroom.  They were moving the water from outside, to inside, so nobody would steal it.

I am making a mad rush to Costco for some beer, vodka and some rotisserie chicken, oh and maybe a hot dog and coke for dinner. Even with Dog Haus and Wienerschnitzel, still cant pass up the Costco dog.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, n2horns said:

I went to Safeway to get some milk  and beer, walking around it was crazy.  Chip aisle was getting picked over, pasta and rice almost gone.  The frozen pizza where getting low.  Water was going out faster than people coming in.

During my checkout, they said the plastics bags for bagging groceries were not shipped from warehouse, but i think it is the rush. I overheard the manager say someone stole the toilet paper out of the bathroom.  They were moving the water from outside, to inside, so nobody would steal it.

I am making a mad rush to Costco for some beer, vodka and some rotisserie chicken, oh and maybe a hot dog and coke for dinner. Even with Dog Haus and Wienerschnitzel, still cant pass up the Costco dog.

Yup headed to Costco now.  Should be fun  

5 minutes ago, Eagle mountain ranch said:

Freaking China. I'm so sick of there crap. After this is over we should send them back to the stone age. 

haha they did for a couple weeks there and everyone here went apesht for tp.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Dude f@ck that ,plenty of booze to be had so far. Lol. I wouldn't get close to a Costco right now,but yes the hotdogs are pretty freaking good. 

Once all the trucking company’s shut down we will really be in a world of hurt. Think the shelves are empty now.... Guys will be on the street corner selling extra cans of coffee they have for $100...butt paper $25.00 a roll....case of Bud $250...can of Cope $75.00

21 minutes ago, joe hunter said:

Once all the trucking company’s shut down we will really be in a world of hurt. Think the shelves are empty now.... Guys will be on the street corner selling extra cans of coffee they have for $100...butt paper $25.00 a roll....case of Bud $250...can of Cope $75.00

Oh F-that !! no cope ,that's not right! Guess it's time to get a log or 2 . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eagle mountain ranch said:

Oh F-that !! no cope ,that's not right! Guess it's time to get a log or 2 . 

I only buy 2-3 can at a time. Guess a few or 6 logs wouldn’t hurt!

• Like 1