elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

TP brands are poised to clean up...no pun.

They can demand premium prices and I haven't seen one tp commercial since the whole pandemic saving them tons of ad expenditures.

Went to Costco about 815, jammed parking lot, all the fresh meat/fish coolers just about empty, Freezer section all but gone, there was some yogurt, cheese and sour cream left.  Looked like Costco was going out of business, empty boxes all over the place, coolers looked like a tornado hit them,  There was still plenty of sardines, salmon, tuna in cans, and I grabbed them, my favs.  Coffee pick up too.

I stocked up on condoms, as I am going to be trading for my TP soon.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

8 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

This crap has cost me $35,000  From my 401K. Which wouldn't be a huge deal except the exs portion is due to come out any day and that leaves me with less and less to grow!

Stop youngin....  You need to look at this as now your dividends are going to buy more stock...  And when it goes back up BINGO 

• Like 3

Crazy how quickly all the hysteria is unfolding.  Daughter took off to Spain & Ireland with a few friends for spring break trip last Friday and we were joking about her traveling given all that was going on,  with absolutely NO thought that it would hype-up so quickly.  When Trump announced to the world the European travel ban last night (without making it immediately clear that it did NOT apply to US citizens), it set off panic with a couple of the other parents.  Two of them actually bought their daughters one way tickets out of Dublin yesterday in a panic.   CRAZY!

Greta ended-up flying to London this morning, and will come home from there as planned this Saturday.  I'm generally a fairly practical and calm dude, but I'll admit that I will be a little on edge until she texts me from her seat on that BA flight Saturday.   Will feel good to know she's wheels-up and out of there. ;)

S.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, buffhunter said:

Stop youngin....  You need to look at this as now your dividends are going to buy more stock...  And when it goes back up BINGO 

Get back in the kitchen.

Dividends dont go up when there's hardly any $$ left in there as "investment", once the paperwork goes through.

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

Went to Costco about 815, jammed parking lot, all the fresh meat/fish coolers just about empty, Freezer section all but gone, there was some yogurt, cheese and sour cream left.  Looked like Costco was going out of business, empty boxes all over the place, coolers looked like a tornado hit them,  There was still plenty of sardines, salmon, tuna in cans, and I grabbed them, my favs.  Coffee pick up too.

I stocked up on condoms, as I am going to be trading for my TP soon.

You check with they guy wearing them yet? ;)

10 hours ago, Coach said:

You check with they guy wearing them yet? ;)

Yes, he says it was greatTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

23 minutes ago, U.T.A.H. Camp said:

Adjustments.jpg.9584c0a18f316a9d07c25277cf40d92a.jpg

This project is not possible for the $10 price tag listed. 

I have been using the kitchen sink wand for a week now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, n2horns said:

I went to Safeway to get some milk  and beer, walking around it was crazy.  Chip aisle was getting picked over, pasta and rice almost gone.  The frozen pizza where getting low.  Water was going out faster than people coming in.

During my checkout, they said the plastics bags for bagging groceries were not shipped from warehouse, but i think it is the rush. I overheard the manager say someone stole the toilet paper out of the bathroom.  They were moving the water from outside, to inside, so nobody would steal it.

I am making a mad rush to Costco for some beer, vodka and some rotisserie chicken, oh and maybe a hot dog and coke for dinner. Even with Dog Haus and Wienerschnitzel, still cant pass up the Costco dog.

Just left costco, absolute Mayhem! I just went to get the things we usually get from there. 

Yeah went to Costco last night here in Tucson.  Lots of people paper goods were out along with laundry soap.  Were able to get some water.   

Luckily my daughter was able to get to frys earlier in the day to get some tp. 

I wouldn't call it mayhem, but it was packed.  I'm sure by today there would be a lot more empty shelves.  

Went to Costco at 330 yesterday afternoon. Jam packed. Was able to get water, meat, fish frozen, etc. Out of toilet paper. Other than super busy it wasn't too bad. Went to Walmart and got wet wipes, toilet paper, more water, and everything else we needed.