elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

posted elsewhere by a local senior lady, a flyfisher and senior softball player.:

"Schools are closing, children cannot keep from touching their faces or anything else around them. So my cousin and I go out to eat this afternoon at a restaurant and a large family group was there with FOUR young children. Done with eating out for now. Irresponsible parents."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

Frys is limiting certain items like milk, eggs, water products, etc. 

Ammo and guns seems to be the run of today though from what I hear. I almost went to the gun store, but decided not to partake in the stupidity. 

Feds will no longer do background checks for firearms while the national emergency is in affect. 

• Confused 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:16 AM, MT_Sourdough said:

My brother's inability to rest and take it easy has bit him on the butt.  The virus has  made a resurgence with him.

Now, my daughter, in the Bend, Oregon area, has a co-worker going in for testing.

I was wondering how your brother is doing with the flare up?   And your daughters coworker, how did thier diagnosis go?   

44605.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I live in a very conservative neighborhood. Put Bernie Sanders signs out in the yard yesterday hoping to have the house TP'd.

Nothing yet.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 10

Just heard an old lady in the walmart parking lot got pushed down to the ground at her car and dude stole her toilet paper.  Wish I could have been there to intervene. Fuggin people..

• Like 6

I'm launching an APP called the TP Buddy. Never go looking for TP again only to return home empty handed!

TP Buddy will be your family's indispensable APP for all the latest information and news concerning TP.

Rely on it for finding TP points of sales, prices, bartering, supply and upcoming distributions.

Or if your just looking to share your TP experiences with others, click on the TP roll icon and join other like minded bathroom buddies on the TP Talk chatroom.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goldfinger78 said:

Ohio and Illinois just told restaurants in the states that they will close at 9pm tonight until further notice.  Illinois will allow take out for now. 

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/operations/ohio-illinois-order-restaurant-closures-stem-spread-coronavirus

Massive overreaction! This is beyond hysteric now!  

Again, If the media would just be “half way positive”, things would calm down. There’s good news coming from many places, yet they won’t report it. Here’s an article from a state that got hit hard. We must stay cautious and vigilant, yes, but a little positive news would go a long way. 

One of the intensive care unit doctors that I worked with made a comment that sort of struck me, which is: ‘Where all the patients?’ What we’re seeing on the television and the media is creating this widespread panic and fear, but here we are in the hospitals and the intensive care units are not filling up with patients,” he said.

https://mynorthwest.com/1759265/coronavirus-news-doctor/

5 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

Again, If the media would just be “half way positive”, things would calm down. There’s good news coming from many places, yet they won’t report it. Here’s an article from a state that got hit hard. We must stay cautious and vigilant, yes, but a little positive news would go a long way. 

One of the intensive care unit doctors that I worked with made a comment that sort of struck me, which is: ‘Where all the patients?’ What we’re seeing on the television and the media is creating this widespread panic and fear, but here we are in the hospitals and the intensive care units are not filling up with patients,” he said.

https://mynorthwest.com/1759265/coronavirus-news-doctor/

It appears that the situation is improving in China. The strong control isolation measures imposed by the Chinese government are actually starting to pay off,” he said. “For several weeks now the number of cases diagnosed every day is decreasing. It really looks like it’s plateaued for the most part.”

We also have a virus that can be killed, which is not always the case, and we attacked the coronavirus rather quickly.

“We can actually wipe the virus clean. A lot of times we can’t do that. But this virus could be effectively inactivated from surfaces with either alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or 0.1% bleach in just one minute,” he said.

38 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

Massive overreaction! This is beyond hysteric now!  

Agreed.  Unfortunately it's catching wind on the federal level.  This this thing is getting ridiculous 😠😠😠

• Like 2