elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

I’m not a doctor or a scientist, so take this for what it’s worth. Using the word “projected” or “potential” without qualifying the statement is just making people panic.  Many are taking that number as gospel.

I could “potentially” win the Powerball tonight. Does it mean 100% I’m going to be the next millionaire? No. Could it happen? Maybe, maybe not.

Thats why many of us have a more tempered opinion when the “potential” death toll is discussed.

True story: I’m a first generation American. Both my mom and dad were young kids in Europe during WWII. They endured great hardship during and after the war. During the Nazi occupation of Greece, Axis powers plundered both Athens and the small villages my parents lived it. My father would tell me stories(hundreds) as a young boy how he captured song birds and sparrows every couple of days, just so they could have some protein. From 1941-1944(Great Famine) many starved or died of sickness. Estimates of 500,000+.  Thankfully the Allied forces ended the blockade and supplies were sent in. Obviously my parents survived. 

I can’t imagine that the greatest country in the world in regards to doctors, health care, sanitary, unlimited medicines, education, food supply, transportation, innovation and resolve would allow 2-10 million of its citizens to die. Call me an ostrich with it’s head in the sand, but I don’t buy it. I guess I have a different perspective and a little more faith in the US.

The United States today is in a much better situation. I’m gonna stay positive and feel confident we’ll get through this without the insane fatality numbers being thrown out. 

If I’m wrong and not dead, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong. 

• Like 8

Lots of "experts" out there giving opinions and speculating.  I was talking to a friend who is a physician (No, BTW, I don't necessarily think that makes him an expert.....).  He was basically speculating on the very worse-case scenario in which a large percentage of the US population became infected.  Statistically, given the current mortality rate, well over 1MM people could die from it in the US.  Obviously, this is why it is so important to not ignore the warnings about close contact and social situations that could help the spread.

I agree with a pragmatic viewpoint though, holding out confidence in our country as a whole, and that it will be contained/dealt-with before it gets anywhere near that bad.  🙏

1 hour ago, JSR said:

We have about two weeks to get people back to work and spending money again before we are plunged in a huge recession. 

The streets are empty. The only place still bringing in money is the grocery store. 

In the span of 3 weeks, We went from a thriving consumer driven economy to one now being boosted by a trillion dollar stimulus. 

Half of American households don't have a thousand dollars put away for an emergency. This could be way more expensive...

If we get checks from the government, consider it a loan from our own money. We'll have to pay it back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JSR said:

In the span of 3 weeks, We went from a thriving consumer driven economy to one now being boosted by a trillion dollar stimulus. 

globalist trying to sink trump. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

Half of American households don't have a thousand dollars put away for an emergency. This could be way more expensive...

If we get checks from the government, consider it a loan from our own money. We'll have to pay it back.

yeah I remember those $300 something checks that we got about 12 years ago. Had to claim it on my taxes. NOTHING is free. 

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

I guess they must be using credit cards to buy all the sh!t?

4 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

yeah I remember those $300 something checks that we got about 12 years ago. Had to claim it on my taxes. NOTHING is free. 

I got $1800

Whatever this cost , we should deduct from china what we supposed owe them / barrowed.. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Delw said:

where you guys seeing this shoot fagbook? CNN NYT's ????

At least put up links if your going to spread hysteria

No it was on fox, seems far fetched. Settle down forum cop. Lol

Just now, 5guyshunting said:

I didn't see sh!t the wife musta took it.

That sucks..

17 minutes ago, stanley said:

Lots of "experts" out there giving opinions and speculating.  I was talking to a friend who is a physician (No, BTW, I don't necessarily think that makes him an expert.....).  He was basically speculating on the very worse-case scenario in which a large percentage of the US population became infected.  Statistically, given the current mortality rate, well over 1MM people could die from it in the US.  Obviously, this is why it is so important to not ignore the warnings about close contact and social situations that could help the spread.

I agree with a pragmatic viewpoint though, holding out confidence in our country as a whole, and that it will be contained/dealt-with before it gets anywhere near that bad.  🙏

Wife took my son to the doc a couple days ago.   He speculated the us could lose 10% of the population.  He said it's mostly the elderly, and particularly hard on those who've had cancer, especially smokers.  

Hate to beat a dead horse here but car crashes, far people, aids, and trip and falls account for thousands of deaths a year. No one “social distances” themselves from that. I’m more worried about the aftermath of the mass hysteria than the virus. The US population will be our down fall, not the virus.

• Like 9