elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

32 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

But this virus can’t be killed off by staying home, it will exist on some form of media, no? If not then we all stay home and let it die off. If not then at some point it will surface and infect people. So, are we distancing until there a cure/vaccine or until it dies off on its own?

We are waiting for the vaccine or cure.  The only other way we may become immune to this is we get it and build antibodies to it by fighting it off (still maybe possible to contract it again, but still up in the air).

For the generally healthy that won't be a problem. For ones that do have issues it could mean various degrees of lost lung function to death.  

By staying home we aren't trying to kill it off, we are mitigating the flow of patients that require hospitalization.  We just want to give time for the sick to heal and for the hospitals to handle the flow.

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Why do they keep comparing a nation that is a 1/6th our population and 30 times smaller in land mass?  I can also go into average age, the amount of smokers vs. non-smokers, but we all know those only set us further apart.  

I'm sure because Italy is the bell cow so to speak of what happens when the call to action isn't taken seriously.  

As it stands right now it seems the surgeon general is expecting the exponential curve to continue.  

10 hours ago, stanley said:

Ya, all these pics and memes are pretty good.  Tons of them floating around the internet.   I'm going to assume most people realize that the 'social distancing' thing is not about someone being scared to go out, though.  Its being pushed because it is a proven method of slowing the spread of a virus WAY down. 

I find irony in this pic/words, because the overall goal of social distancing is the 'greater good' (Similar to some of the sentiment I take from this pic..... ).  The point of the social distancing is to arrest the spread of the virus, and hence hopefully save the lives of many of the high-risk people who are going to be in a VERY bad way if they get it.

S.

Agreed.  I saw this meme and it really hit home for me for some reason. 

0B2BD96E-2EA9-462D-AF6F-7E12E52CD673.thumb.jpeg.1b4ccc0fb603542e1621637b40039d9a.jpeg

• Like 5

We've been trading eggs for TP here in the hood. The poor hens and ducks can't poop them eggs out fast enough. 

Welcome to 2020, TP the new buttcoin.FB_IMG_1585066567074.thumb.jpg.2316b6bb7b7caf5ded326d532beb690b.jpg

The point of social distancing is to slow the spread of COVID-19 so our healthcare resources are not overwhelmed with patients needing ICU level care.

On a related note, and nothing is official yet, but AZ unemployment will go from $240 to $800 per week under the bill being proposed now.

Eddie

16 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

The point of social distancing is to slow the spread of COVID-19 so our healthcare resources are not overwhelmed with patients needing ICU level care.

On a related note, and nothing is official yet, but AZ unemployment will go from $240 to $800 per week under the bill being proposed now.

Eddie

$41600.00 a year for not working?

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

33 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

Eddie

No way. That's $20 an hour.  Unemployment will not be higher than the state's minimum wage.  Quit spreading Fake News

• Like 4

We all know that there isn't a Chinese born virus 19, there was no Roswell, Area 51 doesn't exists, Elvis is still alive, Epstein didn't kill himself, Monica never blew Bill, and yes Hillary thinks she won.

31 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

No way. That's $20 an hour.  Unemployment will not be higher than the state's minimum wage.  Quit spreading Fake News

This was on CSPAN not long ago, and like I said, nothing is official.

Fake News is such when the person or entity imparting the information knows it is not true, but does it anyway.  See above for my source, but thanks for your comment just the same.

Eddie

14 minutes ago, n2horns said:

We all know that there isn't a Chinese born virus 19, there was no Roswell, Area 51 doesn't exists, Elvis is still alive, Epstein didn't kill himself, Monica never blew Bill, and yes Hillary thinks she won.

“I still got the shovel!”