elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

31 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

See!! This is why making predictions are so dangerous!  

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26/the-scientist-whose-doomsday-pandemic-model-predicted-armageddon-just-walked-back-the-apocalyptic-predictions/?fbclid=IwAR0Tm_eOmss_XcmnYlHQvpyazeLgAqdTVQqcHDGFNcWGSAo0oL8PgdbECEU#.XnzespWMcm8.facebook

Ferguson said he now predicts U.K. deaths from the disease will not exceed 20,000, and could be much lower.

The Imperial College report was also the basis for the modeling used by the website COVID Act Now, which local and state officials in the U.S. then used to issue “shelter-in-place” mandates. COVID Act Now, which was founded by a handful of Democratic activists in Silicon Valley, is an online mapping tool that generates models predicting coronavirus hospitalizations, which have also already proved to be wildly inaccurate.

Oxford University just put out a study which in short said that because the virus may have been in europe and in the states earlier than what is believe now that there maybe some immunity in place for a number of us already.  Just what some have said here and what othere have said that there is a possibility that we've had it circulating here in Tucson for a while now and just saw it as another cold. 

Also reports from the Netherlands and Germany are looking good as far as having less than projected number of serious cases.  

Both of those countries have a population that is generally healthy which is a big factor in having the ability to fight this virus.  

Our biggest issue (no pun intended) is probably going to be our obesity issue.  Well see how the southern states handle this. 

New York there's just too many people

• Like 1

Next week, the NWS is calling for temps to hit 90 degrees in the desert. Historically, that begins the end for most influenza seasons. Guess we’ll see if “the corona” will also succumb to the the Arizona heat! 🔥

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

Next week, the NWS is calling for temps to hit 90 degrees in the desert. Historically, that begins the end for most influenza seasons. Guess we’ll see if “the corona” will also succumb to the the Arizona heat! 🔥

Knock on wood I haven’t been sick in awhile. In my own observation, not close to any scientific study. I see more people sick during wild temp swings. Now that’s usually normal in AZ but when it’s 60 on Tuesday, 90 on Thursday, and 50 on Friday then people get sick. When it’s hotter weather during the summer and temp swings are less it equals less sick people. Again, just my observation, no medical training and I haven’t stayed at a Holiday Inn.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Had it in January. Dry cough and temperature. Mucinex and whiskey.... got em

Us too. Must have persisted 2 weeks and came with fever but not the flu.

12 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Well did ya get em?

Get em what em? Ahh, tequila.

My wife had a nagging sickness through most of December. All the signs line up with corona. It took her about 3-4 weeks to get past it completely. 

I read yesterday they may have a test to be able to see if people have already been infected and have gotten past it. 

2 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Another variable that few are talking about is the actual number of people who are being tested now vs before. The virus is not necessarily SPREADING faster now, it is being tested MORE. More tests mean more chances of positive result. Even those who showed no symptoms are being counted as "infected"(because they are) but would have never known had they not taken the test.

I think it was already fairly prevalent just nobody knew they were infected with this death sentence(because the symptoms were so mild). Now EVERYBODY thinks they have it and are happily giving up their freedoms because of it.

Well said

2 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Another variable that few are talking about is the actual number of people who are being tested now vs before. The virus is not necessarily SPREADING faster now, it is being tested MORE. More tests mean more chances of positive result. Even those who showed no symptoms are being counted as "infected"(because they are) but would have never known had they not taken the test.

I think it was already fairly prevalent just nobody knew they were infected with this death sentence(because the symptoms were so mild). Now EVERYBODY thinks they have it and are happily giving up their freedoms because of it.

Make good points but the number of deaths with those infected continue to rise not just those infected.

If it is the case as you pointed out that we are finding exhisting cases as opposed to locating new ones the death rate would have normalized.  So far it hasn't, the death rate among those infected is still rising along the same curve as those that test positive.  

We got to remember as well the US isnt testing the general public, we're only testing those people that are showing symptoms or have been in close contact with a known carrier. 

So those who are infected with no symptoms haven't been tested.  

For now thought I'm AZ has 9 deaths with 509 infected.  Just a little under 2% death rate. 

5 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

Make good points but the number of deaths with those infected continue to rise not just those infected.

If it is the case as you pointed out that we are finding exhisting cases as opposed to locating new ones the death rate would have normalized.  So far it hasn't, the death rate among those infected is still rising along the same curve as those that test positive.  

We got to remember as well the US isnt testing the general public, we're only testing those people that are showing symptoms or have been in close contact with a known carrier. 

For now thought I'm AZ has 9 deaths with 509 infected.  Just a little under 2% death rate. 

What about all the famous folks and sports stars that get tested at will?? Are the studies testing all of these?

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

Had it in January. Dry cough and temperature. Mucinex and whiskey.... got em

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Us too. Must have persisted 2 weeks and came with fever but not the flu.

1 hour ago, 5guyshunting said:

Here too x3 lasted about two and a half weeks. Begining end of February.

Thats what I was saying in an another thread(think it was the poll thread). some might have already had it. My MIL and her neighbors were ones thinking they got it in janm they were deathly sick and they never get sick but there all over 85 too

I'm not one to take any meds aspirin, tylonol etc etc just because I got a cold. but If I am real sick and feel like shoot I take that Musinex D that you can only get from behind the counter and have to sign for it  in the last 2 years I took one pill. in the last 2 months I took 6. 

I gennerally dont get sick colds or even a sniffle, April thought it could be the the temp change like mentioned before or even allergies we just dont know.

we took out son out of his social stuff back in early feb. Cause I can't afford to get sick nor do I want anyone else getting sick . 2 weeks later they shut down everything. 

9 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

Not completely accurate. The reason everybody was so "terrified" of this virus (other than the media driving the hysteria) was because in the begging the mortality rate was perceived to be MUCH higher than it actually is/was. Now with more people being tested that percentage is "normalizing".

Those with "symptoms" who are being tested has also increased due in part to the availability of tests and the fact that so many more people THINK they have it now and want to be tested. Again, throw a wider net you catch more fish. It is just math. It would be the same with ANY communicable disease.

Still no reason to persist in driving the hysteria.

• Like 4