elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

30 minutes ago, creed said:

One thing with comparisons between this and the flu.....flu season is about over. This is just getting started.

I was one of those guys that blew it off. Not anymore. I had  a sick coworker blow a big sneeze right in my face on the 25th. Then he tells me that two of his kids are horribly sick with something.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

They are saying that this virus will slow down considerably once the weather warms up. That will be May or June in the north in April here.

Hope they are right, we had 6 construction projects cancel this week alone.

3 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

Why is it on here or social media it I point out facts about automobile death rates,  swine flue facts, or regular flu, and  media scared everyone resulting in no rational thinking that they come on and assume everyone here is not caring about whats going on or doing their part, and saying this is not a real thing.  I could be wrong but most people on here said nothing about how this is not real.  Or say they are not doing their part.

-Swine flu was real!  Where was media and everyone else in the country?  NO where!  Life went on 

-Seasonal flu this year in US 55,000 people.   Is their life less important then the Covid-19??

-10,000 alcohol automobile death rate and all the domestic violence but we are not shutting down alcohol.  They tried that and it backfired.

You can go on and on, all I am pointing out is the fact there are many things going on but we only care about this Covid-19.  A friend of mine just told me she found out test results that she has breast cancer.  Now she can't even set up a time to go get a mamogram to see how serious this is or if its spreading fast.  We freaked everyone out to rush to hospitals, and take all the TP over something we had already gone through before with Swine flu.  People keep their cool, news companies stop scaring everyone, and everyone does their part to mitigate the spread, and life can go on instead of cutting our own wrist at the same time.         

900 deaths in Italy in 24hrs? If this is accurate it’s like 

1 minute ago, AZBIG10 said:

900 deaths in Italy in 24hrs? If this is accurate it’s like 

We have over 20,000 confirm cases more than Italy which puts us over 100k.  We have about 1,300 deaths.  Italy is over 4500 deaths.  Now lets read the facts......

Italy has more per captia of elderly people.  Which are almost all the cases they have.  And lots of them have existing conditions.  

Italy by culture greets each other with kisses on the check, especially the elderly.

Italy on record has more serious cases than we do.

Somethings we need to ask but we don't have answers yet.  How many elderly have survived and recover? How many people get it and it has no affect on them. (grant it they can spread it)

How many people on record are in their 50s, 40, 30s, 20s, teens, children.  The news will say and freak people out and say there have been 3 deaths etc etc below 50 years old.  Well what was their age.  Did they have existing problems etc etc.  We have little details thats it.  Not saying this is not a problem, but Italy and the medical community already said they were expecting some high death rates from Italy.  In AZ the medical community was expecting to see higher case results because they already knew people had it we just don't know who.  Now when the cases start ramping up news media starts throwing it out there Covid-19 just jumped up 200% in AZ.  Again stop scaring people it just makes it worst. 

I stand corrected on my deaths.  We have 3000 and italy has 10,000

6 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

I stand corrected on my deaths.  We have 3000 and italy has 10,000

Still that's a bunch. Where are you getting your data from? Infection2020 shows 2016 deaths in the USA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Still that's a bunch.

Yes it is and its sad.  But also 7700 people died today in the United states from other medical issues.  With the confirm cases its a 4% chance you will die from it.  Medical teams believe the cases are double that just not identified.  But deaths are documented.  So that means you have a chance of 2% that you can die.  But first you need to get the virus.  You still have a greater chance to die this weekend from a car accident.   The only thing we can do is help mitigate the spread.  Help the elderly and your neighbors 

9 minutes ago, creed said:

Afraid my ex will get it and then I can't point whore her 23 antelope points. She has COPD bad.

azgfd wont know she's dead just keep putting her in 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

What are we

40 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

We have over 20,000 confirm cases more than Italy which puts us over 100k.  We have about 1,300 deaths.  Italy is over 4500 deaths.  Now lets read the facts......

Italy has more per captia of elderly people.  Which are almost all the cases they have.  And lots of them have existing conditions.  

Italy by culture greets each other with kisses on the check, especially the elderly.

Italy on record has more serious cases than we do.

Somethings we need to ask but we don't have answers yet.  How many elderly have survived and recover? How many people get it and it has no affect on them. (grant it they can spread it)

How many people on record are in their 50s, 40, 30s, 20s, teens, children.  The news will say and freak people out and say there have been 3 deaths etc etc below 50 years old.  Well what was their age.  Did they have existing problems etc etc.  We have little details thats it.  Not saying this is not a problem, but Italy and the medical community already said they were expecting some high death rates from Italy.  In AZ the medical community was expecting to see higher case results because they already knew people had it we just don't know who.  Now when the cases start ramping up news media starts throwing it out there Covid-19 just jumped up 200% in AZ.  Again stop scaring people it just makes it worst. 

More better?

7CDD791C-8985-4425-90FA-85214F5202BF.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

Yes it is and its sad.  But also 7700 people died today in the United states from other medical issues.  With the confirm cases its a 4% chance you will die from it.  Medical teams believe the cases are double that just not identified.  But deaths are documented.  So that means you have a chance of 2% that you can die.  But first you need to get the virus.  You still have a greater chance to die this weekend from a car accident.   The only thing we can do is help mitigate the spread.  Help the elderly and your neighbors 

I was just talking to my nephew on Long Island and we talked about we would like to see a side by side comparison each day of Flu cases, which we deduced probably won't happen. 

They also just shutdown all construction projects in NYC so that means all three of my nephews are out of work. Funerals are basically on hold because gatherings of more than 6 people are banned. Morgues are filling up and there are refrigerated cars on Park Ave for the overflow.

25 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I was just talking to my nephew on Long Island and we talked about we would like to see a side by side comparison each day of Flu cases, which we deduced probably won't happen. 

They also just shutdown all construction projects in NYC so that means all three of my nephews are out of work. Funerals are basically on hold because gatherings of more than 6 people are banned. Morgues are filling up and there are refrigerated cars on Park Ave for the overflow.

Thats crazy!  Hope AZ doesn't do the same.  All of my guys were asking if we were shutting down.  I told them we will clean our tools and be aware of our spacing with each other and follow CDC rules, so my guys will have money the following week.  If they shut down city inspectors or banks then Im shut down.

Hope all goes well with your nephews

2 hours ago, creed said:

One thing with comparisons between this and the flu.....flu season is about over. This is just getting started.

I was one of those guys that blew it off. Not anymore. I had  a sick coworker blow a big sneeze right in my face on the 25th. Then he tells me that two of his kids are horribly sick with something.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Sounds like that guys in the runnings for a punch in the mouth.