elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

Went out in the desert today for some fresh air. It looked like a white trash ghetto with trailers, tents, 5th wheel Campers etc EVERYWHERE. A LOT OF CAMP SITES WITH 6-8 trailers and tents. I understand why, but I guess some people just dont get the concept of distancing. 

• Like 2

Does anyone believe the numbers from China?

2 possibilities...  They are lying and have not updated any of their figures or they have some protocol for treatment.  

I have been to China many times, there is no way the US is some how ahead of China in cases, deaths etc.  The whole reason they had this outbreak is the environment is a perfect setting.  Millions of people stacked on top of each other, poor air quality, poor sanitation in, open air market culture, the list is endless.  

Last rant...  our media, all of it, leads with how the U.S. is now leading in the pandemic, U.S. is not prepared, U.S. does not take health care seriously.  I guess it works because most people have never been outside of the U.S.   okay I feel better.  😂

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, rcdinaz said:

2 possibilities...  They are lying and have not updated any of their figures or they have some protocol for treatment.  

I have been to China many times, there is no way the US is some how ahead of China in cases, deaths etc.  The whole reason they had this outbreak is the environment is a perfect setting.  Millions of people stacked on top of each other, poor air quality, poor sanitation in, open air market culture, the list is endless.  

Last rant...  our media, all of it, leads with how the U.S. is now leading in the pandemic, U.S. is not prepared, U.S. does not take health care seriously.  I guess it works because most people have never been outside of the U.S.   okay I feel better.  😂

Yeah, and that media is owned by people with a clear agenda - and they are pulling out all the stops. People say "it's going to get worse before it gets better" and they are right, but we're not talking about the same thing.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, rcdinaz said:

Trust in china in never a good option. 

Right now its a race to be the first to come out of this.  The first to bounce out economically will have an huge advantage after we get an handle on this.  

With whats happening in telluride, if we can get that deployed as soon as possible we'll have a great shot at starting up sooner than expected. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elecshoc said:

Trust in china in never a good option. 

Right now its a race to be the first to come out of this.  The first to bounce out economically will have an huge advantage after we get an handle on this.  

With whats happening in telluride, if we can get that deployed as soon as possible we'll have a great shot at starting up sooner than expected. 

Whats happening in Telluride? 

For those of you that prefer rational thought over hysteria and media hype, this is a good listen from another qualified source.  I've heard from many sources now that this thing is highly contagious, but not very deadly.  The death rates being touted by the media are grossly inflated because they're only testing people who are already very sick!  It's the worst sampling plan on the planet!  In my industry (aerospace) it's the same as if you brought me a box full of parts that we all already knew were bad and we sorted through them hoping to find one or two we can salvage.  That's not how you evaluate a systemic problem.  

The greatest danger we face now is not death from the corona virus, it's a global depression and high unemployment.  Some of the "experts" are already talking about 20-30% unemployment in the US.  Just imagine that for a minute and all the things that go with it: foreclosure rates to make 2008 look like a walk in the park, mass evictions, homelessness on an unimaginable scale, depression, drug abuse/alcoholism, suicide, deaths of people that lose their insurance with their jobs so they can't get meds or even see a doctor.  That's not to mention people stealing & looting just trying to survive.  That's just domestically.  What about all the people around the world that are being kept alive by US foreign aid and charitable giving.  Let's sack their local economies and then stop all the aid & charity on top of it.  

The media is making more money off of this than they've made in a decade or more.  Everybody's tuned in, even though a month ago we all agreed that they're all completely full of BS.  Politicians are running a political game: If I don't take this seriously and it goes bad, I'm screwed.  If I do take it seriously and it fizzles out, we can all say we had bad information and just overreacted.  It's the biggest CYA overreaction I've ever seen in my life.  

Until they spend the time and money to start testing people for antibodies to see who's already had it & kicked it, they really have no idea at all how severe this thing is.  

• Like 3

47249.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattys281 said:

For those of you that prefer rational thought over hysteria and media hype, this is a good listen from another qualified source.  I've heard from many sources now that this thing is highly contagious, but not very deadly.  The death rates being touted by the media are grossly inflated because they're only testing people who are already very sick!  It's the worst sampling plan on the planet!  In my industry (aerospace) it's the same as if you brought me a box full of parts that we all already knew were bad and we sorted through them hoping to find one or two we can salvage.  That's not how you evaluate a systemic problem.  

The greatest danger we face now is not death from the corona virus, it's a global depression and high unemployment.  Some of the "experts" are already talking about 20-30% unemployment in the US.  Just imagine that for a minute and all the things that go with it: foreclosure rates to make 2008 look like a walk in the park, mass evictions, homelessness on an unimaginable scale, depression, drug abuse/alcoholism, suicide, deaths of people that lose their insurance with their jobs so they can't get meds or even see a doctor.  That's not to mention people stealing & looting just trying to survive.  That's just domestically.  What about all the people around the world that are being kept alive by US foreign aid and charitable giving.  Let's sack their local economies and then stop all the aid & charity on top of it.  

The media is making more money off of this than they've made in a decade or more.  Everybody's tuned in, even though a month ago we all agreed that they're all completely full of BS.  Politicians are running a political game: If I don't take this seriously and it goes bad, I'm screwed.  If I do take it seriously and it fizzles out, we can all say we had bad information and just overreacted.  It's the biggest CYA overreaction I've ever seen in my life.  

Until they spend the time and money to start testing people for antibodies to see who's already had it & kicked it, they really have no idea at all how severe this thing is.  

There’s a growing consensus showing very promising results with hydroxychloroquine treatment. I wonder why the media isn’t reporting this. Maybe they want people to die to keep up their narrative and continue to make tons of money. 

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-699-coronavirus-patients-100-success-using-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-zinc-z-pak-update/

Also, more and more people are beginning to sound the alarm. 
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/weve_been_had_and_trump_knows_it.html

4 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

There’s a growing consensus showing very promising results with hydroxychloroquine treatment. I wonder why the media isn’t reporting this. Maybe they want people to die to keep up their narrative and continue to make tons of money. 

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-699-coronavirus-patients-100-success-using-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-zinc-z-pak-update/

Also, more and more people are beginning to sound the alarm. 
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/weve_been_had_and_trump_knows_it.html

Shapiro mentioned there was a new study out of the U.K. suggesting that a huge percentage, up to half of their population, has already been exposed and/or infected.    If that’s the case, the death rate is so low to be almost negligible compared to a common flu.  It’s only the rate of contagion that makes it a nasty bug.  

bottom line is there’s a lot of bs and fear mongering going on and it needs to stop

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

Shapiro mentioned there was a new study out of the U.K. suggesting that a huge percentage, up to half of their population, has already been exposed and/or infected.    If that’s the case, the death rate is so low to be almost negligible compared to a common flu.  It’s only the rate of contagion that makes it a nasty bug.  

bottom line is there’s a lot of bs and fear mongering going on and it needs to stop

Absolutely! 

And now, do you notice the media saying.....”we haven’t hit the peak yet, wait 2 weeks”. Then 2 weeks from now, they’ll say.....”well, we haven’t hit the peak yet”.  They told us back in late February that by mid-March the hospitals will be overrun! 

So they keep moving the goal posts to continue the panic. The media is playing a very dangerous game with the American people.

• Like 3

i'm probably way behind but.....19 hours ago dept homeland security announced firearms industry including shooting ranges are 'essential'.  asnf had even closed our little range here east of show low at second knoll.  i wonder if any will actually re-open?

lee

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JSR said:

Went out in the desert today for some fresh air. It looked like a white trash ghetto with trailers, tents, 5th wheel Campers etc EVERYWHERE. A LOT OF CAMP SITES WITH 6-8 trailers and tents. I understand why, but I guess some people just dont get the concept of distancing. 

We just got back from a quick day run up to Old China Dam. You are correct, it was trailers and razors as far as the eye can see. 

We still have fun and kept away from people, but it was busy on the roadways. 

20200329_112050.jpg