elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

I'm hoping the market doesn't change. Ill probably be selling after this is over.  

I'm a real estate Broker. So far there is no REAL indication(fear mongering aside) that the market will change due to this issue. Most people understand that this is a temporary thing and are not financially panicking. Once foreclosures and evictions are allowed to go through, there may be a brief period of adjustment, but overall I do not see much change.

Personally, I hope the market crashes a bit so I can pick up more homes. Just being selfish though. I am also quite happy if the market stays strong.

Az is historically not tied to the rest of the nations ups and downs as we have good weather. Everyone wants to move to good weather.

What did Gates know?  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.geekwire.com/2020/bill-gates-warned-us-covid-19-like-pandemic-watch-ted-talk-2015/amp/

Bill Gates warned us of a COVID-19-like pandemic — watch his TED Talk from 2015

5 hours ago, bonecollector said:

I didnt. We put 5 offers in over the last month and only 1 accepted but after further inspection, we got out of the contract. Needed way too much work for the price of the house. Our latest offer was just this past saturday and we didnt get that one either. Now we are just going to wait until things get back to normal. Hopefully market changes.

I’m an agent and also just happen to be buying and selling during this deal. We offered on a home the first day it came to market and fortunately got it under contract, it has multiple back ups should we fall through, but it’s in great shape and we close on the 17th. Our home we are selling went under contract in 5 days, hopefully everything goes smooth and we close on the 30th. 

• Like 1

So would the housing market be hard due to people not working or people not wanting to drive around and look at places? Most guys I know are still working, some at less hours but none are hurting for cash yet. Or would it just be the panic of things?

I’m not a realtor but i don’t see how this won’t seriously change the real estate market. The unemployment rate is climbing faster than the infection rate. Things can’t and won’t bounce back instantly. Millions of Americans are going to be jobless and/or bankrupt by the end of this. I know i’m hangin on to my money right now and i’d bet that is the general consensus of people currently

• Like 8

Imagine trying to pull this prank today! 

• Haha 1