elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

Has anyone actually got the corona virus confirmed? Almost 100 pages and I haven’t seen one with a confirmed test that I remember. If I’m wrong then it’ll add a few more pages. If I’m not wrong then let’s let the net rack up the replies!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Has anyone actually got the corona virus confirmed? Almost 100 pages and I haven’t seen one with a confirmed test that I remember. If I’m wrong then it’ll add a few more pages. If I’m not wrong then let’s let the net rack up the replies!

I want the antibody test but I'm cheap, $96.

I know a nurse at  a covid  quarantine  ward. Since she's been there only 1 out of 25 people survived  the ventilator treatment to date. Dozen or more still on ventilators.

Yes people are not surviving covid 19.

Be glad it not someone you know!

9 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

My brother in law. Works at one of the Banner hospitals down in the valley. Tested positive in March. Fit guy in his late 20s. Didnt have to be hospitalized but i guess it was pretty rough.

IMG955748.jpg

9 hours ago, elkaholic said:

I know a nurse at  a covid  quarantine  ward. Since she's been there only 1 out of 25 people survived  the ventilator treatment to date. Dozen or more still on ventilators.

Yes people are not surviving covid 19.

Be glad it not someone you know!

A friend of ours is an ER nurse. She said if you go on a ventilator you have about an 8% chance of survival. She is also wanting things to reopen though so she isn't terribly scared of the disease. 

She said that we need to get people out and keep our immune systems up and running. She said if we hide for a long time and next flu season gets here, that it will be worse. If you get the flu and covid at the same time you are toast.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

A friend of ours is an ER nurse. She said if you go on a ventilator you have about an 8% chance of survival. She is also wanting things to reopen though so she isn't terribly scared of the disease. 

She said that we need to get people out and keep our immune systems up and running. She said if we hide for a long time and next flu season gets here, that it will be worse. If you get the flu and covid at the same time you are toast.

When we had our 1st kid in 90 this old Waitress told my wife to let the kids play and get dirty drink out of others kids drinks, take a bite out of this or that its no biggy, if they want to play and ones sick who cares. It will keep them from getting sick in the future.

SIL had a kid, The ripped out the carpet ,put concrete in the back yard, because of the possibility of asma (sp). he couldnt play with other kids toys at there house, Birthday parties were a hoot to go to NOT! he would pick up a toy and mom would come running over and wash it, then give it to him etc etc. kids almost 30 and get sick just with someone walking by him, hes on tons of meds too.

Seen this with many kids over the years clean freaks always get sick, normal kids not as much.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

I'm not sure people are really aware of what it means to be put on a ventilator. A friend-of-a-friend recently died from a heart attack because of the stress the ventilator put on his body. It's a very sad thing, and he had a lot of heath issues but the short version is, they didn't know his underlying health issues, induced a coma and put him on the ventilator. He died shortly after. Not saying they did anything wrong, but his issues were with his kidneys, not his lungs. 

So, if you happen to have a living will, include things like not being put on a ventilator unless absolutely necessary. Sometimes the cure can be worse than the condition. 

Coach ,God bless Your friend. Thats probably why  NY has had so many deaths coinsidiing with their fabrication numbers. .........BOB!

• Like 1

i was in the ER a few years ago for a reaction to my blood pressure med.  my toungue was swelling up and causing a variety of difficultys with talking due to shortness of breath.  so i am sitting on the edge of the bed just after getting back from taking  leak(i walked) and this young tech walks in with a machine and a nurse type with a hypo.  lay down sir we are going to sedate and ventilate you.  well that was not going to happen with me conscious and my explanation was ridiculed even after i was well on the way to full recovery.  'we have to do this!!!'  the patients wellbeing is not a consideration in the world of obamacare.

lee   

I think one of the best things we can do for ourselves and our family is to create a living will. It's not that hard to do, but God forbid, something happens, you don't want your loved ones bickering or fighting about what you would want - in terms of whether you are buried, cremated, what happens with your assets.

I haven't done it yet, but I'm also just figuring out how and why it is important. If you do, you get a voice about how you want things to go down if something does happen to you. and the people you love.

If you don't, it can be be a terrible thing for your loved ones to argue or fight about what they each think you would want.

Put it down, get it notarized, and then there's no ambiguity if/when the situation occurs. 

• Like 1