elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

Couple of months ago if someone said "hey should we shut down the state of Arizona for a virus that will not affect 99.99% of Arizona.  And the people who do get it half the deaths will be on the Navajo Nation and the rest 85% are over the age of 65 with pre existing health conditons."???  What do we got to do to keep AZ from not shutting down??  Wash your hands more often and keep 6ft away and quarantine senior living centers and aid the Navajo Nation in what they need.   Thats it?  Yep thats it!  Well maybe keep kids home from school but 95% of business can stay open!!  Huh!!  Well that doesn't seem that bad.  With those odds if your below 65 with no health conditions you are about 0.001% chance from dying.  Are you sure we don't need to shut down Arizona??  Yes Im sure said the person with common since.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

Couple of months ago if someone said "hey should we shut down the state of Arizona for a virus that will not affect 99.99% of Arizona.  And the people who do get it half the deaths will be on the Navajo Nation and the rest 85% are over the age of 65 with pre existing health conditons."???  What do we got to do to keep AZ from not shutting down??  Wash your hands more often and keep 6ft away and quarantine senior living centers and aid the Navajo Nation in what they need.   Thats it?  Yep thats it!  Well maybe keep kids home from school but 95% of business can stay open!!  Huh!!  Well that doesn't seem that bad.  With those odds if your below 65 with no health conditions you are about 0.001% chance from dying.  Are you sure we don't need to shut down Arizona??  Yes Im sure said the person with common since.  

100% agree with your sentiment regarding washing hands and slight distancing (6ft) for the average person.  Also isolation/quarantine for those at high risk.  NO need to shut down as/if people practice some basic hygiene and distancing.

Still wondering what your source of information is regarding 1/2 of the deaths being on the Navajo Nation, though.  Everything I've seen says majority of deaths have been in the major metro areas, which makes sense simply from a 'numbers' perspective.  ( https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/interactives/ )

S.

8 minutes ago, stanley said:

100% agree with your sentiment regarding washing hands and slight distancing (6ft) for the average person.  Also isolation/quarantine for those at high risk.  NO need to shut down as/if people practice some basic hygiene and distancing.

Still wondering what your source of information is regarding 1/2 of the deaths being on the Navajo Nation, though.  Everything I've seen says majority of deaths have been in the major metro areas, which makes sense simply from a 'numbers' perspective.  ( https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/interactives/ )

S.

Source was a couple weeks ago when we hit I think 300 people.  News came out and said half was on the reservation.  This was the first time they were announcing who and where.  I might be wrong or they were at the time.  

• Like 1

Well it's gotten me thinking about self suffenciey. With a pool for emergency water next step is chickens. I got a totally enclosed dog run I'm gonna set up and took the family all to pick out chickens yesterday. At least we are one step closer to being better prepared. Now I just got to build a cop for inside it.

20200509_114941.thumb.jpg.d525f8c2c49881f02ba8d1f751ecc460.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

Exactly

16 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Well it's gotten me thinking about self suffenciey. With a pool for emergency water next step is chickens. I got a totally enclosed dog run I'm gonna set up and took the family all to pick out chickens yesterday. At least we are one step closer to being better prepared. Now I just got to build a cop for inside it.

20200509_114941.thumb.jpg.d525f8c2c49881f02ba8d1f751ecc460.jpg

How old are the chickens you're building cops for?

40 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Haha, I see what you mean. Dang auto correct 

Were they sexed. Or ya just bought chicks. Let's see.if we can keep the answers clean.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Edge said:

Were they sexed. Or ya just bought chicks. Let's see.if we can keep the answers clean.

Yeah they were (supposedly).  If we end up with a rooster ill just grill him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeke-BE said:

Source was a couple weeks ago when we hit I think 300 people.  News came out and said half was on the reservation.  This was the first time they were announcing who and where.  I might be wrong or they were at the time.  

I read that as well, if I recall it was a week later that new mexico shut down the one city. I happened to look again at the deaths and maricopa county was the top slot by far last week. There was a huge jump in the deaths in one week in maricopa county which seemed odd at them time. I dont know if they made a mistake in the begining or what.

A large part of the jump was all the old folks homes, been a big rise in it the last few weeks. both mesa and Glendale and I believe Scottsdale.

Only thing that sucks about chickens you tend to spend more on feed then the amount of eggs you get. Love killing the roasters 

2 hours ago, Delw said:

I read that as well, if I recall it was a week later that new mexico shut down the one city. I happened to look again at the deaths and maricopa county was the top slot by far last week. There was a huge jump in the deaths in one week in maricopa county which seemed odd at them time. I dont know if they made a mistake in the begining or what.

A large part of the jump was all the old folks homes, been a big rise in it the last few weeks. both mesa and Glendale and I believe Scottsdale.

The last jump a few days ago was over 30 confirmed deaths from April 12.  But they finally just announced it

• Like 1

40 million of the us population have 1 or more chronic illness aka (underlying conditions)

agree 100% you can't shut everything down! people need to be more aware.... as stated above ,wash hands, don't touch your face, don't lean on surfaces touched by other people. hard to change habits but starting to get used to it. 1 person from our company died last week. had bad diabetes and was around 60 years old.

some of our drivers are transporting covid patients. this is a nightmare! getting ppe supplies, people gouging (supply and demand i guess)

1 cleaning supply place charged us over $900 for a 55 gal barrel of disinfectant. ( We were desperate at the time) Went through that quickly and bought another 1 a week later. Then they sent an email to me stating "We Have What You Need!) I look and they have 1 gal concentrate of the same product we purchased in ready to use. $65 for 1 gallon ,makes 128 gallons! So they charged us over $900 for 55 oz of concentrate and 54.8 gallons of water and a 55 gallon plastic drum. WTF!!@!!!!!!

I go this morning and ask for a case of the concentrate. 4 1 gal jugs. He comes back out and say I can sell you the RTU 55 gal barrel for $220! 

I said no, kept my cool and said just give me a case of the concentrate. He brings out 1 gallon. I said I want a case how many gallons are in a case, he says 4, I said I'll take 2 cases then.

Didn't want to shoot myself in the foot with our disinfectant supply, but I am super pissed!

James