Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Youth cow unit 22 help

Huge thanks again to Wildwoody for saving my butt tonight!!!!!!  It's impossible to change a tire on a Ranger without a lug nut wrench!!!!!  Thank you for bringing one to me!!!!!!

You da man buddy!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Anytime, thats what us hillbillies are here for, congratulations on on the 3 youth tags filled in one day. You Da man..

Oh my sillyness what an end to a ridiculous hunt.

Was heading out for one more evening of failure when Big Browns gives me a call and so graciously offers to take us to his super secret A+honey hole. Off we went.

We climbed a small miserable mountain and right away found elk. Wrong flavor though. Not to worry, Big Browns not only takes us to this amazing spot, he then FINDS the elk TOO. After a short mad scramble to get everything set up,my niece launches her FIRST bullet at her FIRST big game animal. 530yds. The hours of practice paid off and she laced miss daisy with an (almost) perfect shot. Tucked it right behind the front leg just clipping the elbow. After a VERY short run/fall....elk down.

Then the REAL fun began.

Big Browns and her dad head back to get the ranger and she and I head through the scrub to find the prize. It took us over an HOUR to find it because of a) thick nasty scrub and b) a little hidden gully that fooled us and c) sheer stupidity on my part for not getting walked on to her.

No worries, we had plenty of time because Big Browns doesn't know how to change a tire. Luckily he has hillbilly friends that do and came to his rescue.

A few cuts later and elk bags in the Ranger and HAPPY niece. It was really AMAZING. her dad had been down with bronchitis for over  a week, This was the first chance he had to get out. Shouldn't have because he was hacking up a lung but didn't want to miss it"just in case".

Thank you again to all who offered help. Absolutely made this a fantastic experience. THIS is what makes this forum a great place.

And of course I can't thank Big Browns enough for making this happen(after ALREADY helping TWO other youths this morning!!!!). And to wildwoody for saving the day.

Just......AWESOME. Thank you guys.

we did get some video but I am WAY too tired to mess with them right now.

20201011_165639.thumb.jpg.86b927fc660a4bc87a1eebcd5c1c2b1f.jpg20201011_183448.thumb.jpg.7e5d98eeeb5bbf5c71eb6f782f576b29.jpg

• Like 16
  • Wow! 1

Awesome story. Congrats to you, dad, the young lady and even Adam. 

Well done.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Man youth hunt threads  are awesome!  Everyone is so helpful and nice.  Wish all threads were this way.  Congrats to all hunters and parents!