G_E_E

34 A/B

I hope that recent introductions and coyote control really help.  I recall that they had a couple years of no fawn recruitment to the point they had no tags for a while.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Saw this guy right by the road just east of sonoita before going up the hill toward elgin road.  This ones kind of big compared to most I've seen from the highway.  Not the best pic, taken from my cell from the truck. 

20200320_091312.thumb.jpg.391f3d7d11bedc6526c0d7859371c268.jpg20200320_091323.thumb.jpg.30b9aaf42f8685bd2fe52360fd2aa37b.jpg20200320_091352.thumb.jpg.f69f13ce69a28c319076eda9b45442f7.jpg

He's been hanging close to the road for a couple weeks now...actually got video of him crossing hwy82 into 35a last week

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Are those a different type of antelope?  Sonora or whatever. ..they seem smaller to me but I'm know expert. 

no

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Are those a different type of antelope?  Sonora or whatever. ..they seem smaller to me but I'm know expert. 

No just 34a goats. Everybody knows we grow dinks down here. 

23 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

34B Lope circa 1990

Lope34B.jpg

Great buck! Since I started hunting way back when,  antelope was one of my dreams.  One of the coolest looking NA animals imo.  Wish I understood how the draw worked back then...

At least a few shooter bucks down that way. August 8 2019

23860098-D162-4D1A-BCBE-198F0956DE05.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

"dinks"... :)

My Father's muzzleloader buck and the archery buck that was killed the week before our hunt started, both 34b in 2008. Props to that archer, still one of the coolest bucks I've seen.

ps My kill photos have come a long way since then haha

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

• Like 1

My antelope was the 1st year of the bonus point so for years after, I had 1 point less than max.  Then I drew again around 2010 near Seligman but not as a max point.  The only critter for which the bonus point max helped me was on the sheep. Anyway, I digress as normal.  34B went to pot so badly that I had given up on it and went up North.  On my 34B hunt, we would see over a hundred antelope per day.  Ten years or so later I helped a guy that drew an archery tag (accidentally) and we were lucky to see 100 antelope the whole hunt including scouting days -- it was terrible.  Kirby had to sneak onto the "no hunting" area just to steal some poop for his biology homework!  That was pretty funny as we caught him doing it but we did share many stories over the hunt.  I run into Kirby all over the state about every 2 or 3 years.  My friend was not a proficient archer and got 11 shots but no antelope.  I hear things have really improved with the numbers of antelope in 34B.  BTW:  G&F use to claim there were no antelope in 34A but I don't think the lopes really knew that!