RimCountry350

Best Hunting Multi-Pin Sight?

Been out of archery for several years and finally getting the bow dusted off my Hoyt Vector (60 lb) but looking for a new multi-pin sight for an upcoming hunt this fall.  There is a lot out there by the big names: Apex, IQ, Trophy Ridge, Black Gold etc.  Any recommendations?  Any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated.

I like the design of spot hogs fast Eddie, but unfortunately it weighs about a thousand pounds which means you need another thousand on the bottom of the bow to balance it.  I’ve tried a couple of their products and both times gave them up pretty quickly over the weight issue.

im a pretty big fan of the black gold line up.  They put out a high quality product, reasonably priced and On the lighter side compared to many others.  I’ll be using one of their 3 pin sliders on my new hoyt whenever it shows up.

as for single pin sights, I don’t think hha can be beat.  I have a .010 tetra on a bow I just play around with for target shooting.  After blowing two shot opportunities with a single pin this last deer season, I won’t hunt with those anymore, but I don’t think you can beat a single pin with a small diameter housing for target shooting and long bombing.

• Like 1

Lots of options out there. Everyone will recommend what they shoot on their own rigs, in which case I'd recommend Black Gold as I've been very happy with mine. I'd personally try and decide what style you'd prefer and look for some helpful features. Stuff like housing/bracket materials, 2nd & 3rd Axis adjustment, fixed pins vs sliders, clickable movements (or at least an easily controllable friction adjuster) for your housing placement, easy to access pins for sighting in, Pin size, how many pins you want (single pin, 3, 5 , 7 etc), what colors you want (I personally have a harder time seeing a yellow pin, and see green very well, red is right in the middle) etc. 

These features (or lack thereof) are what really separate sights from one another and affects the price of each sight. If possible, I'd cruise some of the online sites and see if there are any that catch your eye, and then when you've got a few you're interested in, head down to a local shop and try to get your hands on as many as you can to see what really separates them from one another. 

For a personal recomendation, like I said above, I really like my Black Gold sight, which is a single .019" ascent (just a stock off the shelf model) as I've always preferred a single pin sight for a cleaner window to the target, although I have also enjoyed 5 pin fixed sights. My next purchase for this seasons archery elk tag however is a custom 4 pin housing for the Black Gold sight I already own

• Like 1

I'll vote for the CBE ENGAGE HYBRID 5 PIN

Pins are actually metal blades with fiber-optics

Metal sight strips instead of paper stick on gargage

super bright and light included