Sign in to follow this  
nlacost

Toppled a couple more fawn killers

Managed to get out for a half day and get back in the mix..missed 2 more and spotted 3 more but they were on the move...Just nice getting away from the crazies!!

89526709_268639074144146_45247918550024192_n.jpg

90462316_268639044144149_1546731226390331392_n.jpg

• Like 8

Nicely done. My scope and rings are ordered for my old model 70 that I'm getting back into action for coyotes and some long range steel shooting. Do you have a favorite electronic call?

I dont use electronic calls...only hand calls..I did an experiment and kept a logbook for 1 year and found that I outcalled electronics 7-1.........But thanks..your set up should be awesome!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nlacost said:

I dont use electronic calls...only hand calls..I did an experiment and kept a logbook for 1 year and found that I outcalled electronics 7-1.........But thanks..your set up should be awesome!!

Thats interesting. I only use a shotgun and my kill ratio tripled when I got a foxpro. Maybe I just suck at calling. I kept a log book for 5 years and recorded every stand. Do you weigh your kills? My biggest coyotes were 48lbs and 47lbs I killed them on back to back stands down by Sunazona. My average was about 25lb. Now that I live up north I don't call near as much. I use to average about 25 foxes and 40 or more coyotes a year. Now I am luck to kill a couple.

1 hour ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Thats interesting. I only use a shotgun and my kill ratio tripled when I got a foxpro. Maybe I just suck at calling. I kept a log book for 5 years and recorded every stand. Do you weigh your kills? My biggest coyotes were 48lbs and 47lbs I killed them on back to back stands down by Sunazona. My average was about 25lb. Now that I live up north I don't call near as much. I use to average about 25 foxes and 40 or more coyotes a year. Now I am luck to kill a couple.

Wow mind me askin what foxpro you use those numbers are insane

7 minutes ago, Jrodphx said:

Wow mind me askin what foxpro you use those numbers are insane

At the time I didn't have a kid and I worked 4-10's. I pretty much spent every fri and sometimes the whole weekend out calling. I could drive my quad right from the house and go call. Back then I had an fx3 now I have a firestorm. The numbers aren't insane, the amount of time I put into calling was. 

Nice job.

36 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

At the time I didn't have a kid and I worked 4-10's. I pretty much spent every fri and sometimes the whole weekend out calling. I could drive my quad right from the house and go call. Back then I had an fx3 now I have a firestorm. The numbers aren't insane, the amount of time I put into calling was. 

I miss those days we worked 4 12s and had 4 days off. hunting seasons were alot of fun back then. take 4 days off and you had 12 days off. worked tons of overtime in the summers didnt take any vacation or sick days pretty much got entire 2-3 months off. had friends who took oct - dec off.

ive had the opposite on electronic calls vs hand calls. we got electronic calls for erchery just to get the yotes closer and pay more attention to the calling vs the shooter. up in 12b a few years ago scouting for deer. and shooting yotes daughter wanted to get one with the bow. called one with in 3-5 feet of her. she couldnt draw back. he was looking at me 15-20 feet away did a it few times that scouting trip but not that close. on way back into town we pixed up a spitfire foxpro.  we had good success calling them in but still tough with a bow. if I dont call in any with a electronic I switch to hand calls in the same area. hand calls work better for me. however foxs we call alot in with the electronic.

they both have there place depending on the area your hunting and what your shooting. fun thing about electronis calls is you find a big hill somewhere put the electronic down on the flat drive up to the hill and snipe yotes att 300-1200 yards