matt

.223 ammo

What’s the going price on 1k rounds of factory .223 55g fmj ammo (perfecta) going for right now? I have a buddy trying to sell them for $500. Seems high to me...

He isn’t selling to me. Lol  so he still a buddy. I haven’t bought .223 ammonia years and I could have sworn $300 was the norm. I started reading a few minutes ago about the frenzy though and now it makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, matt said:

He isn’t selling to me. Lol  so he still a buddy. I haven’t bought .223 ammonia years and I could have sworn $300 was the norm. I started reading a few minutes ago about the frenzy though and now it makes sense. 

It was down to $260-$280 till everybody ran outta Charmin! Now it is if you can find it whatever they wanna ask $$$ 

Pretty Stupid

• Like 2

I was at Gander in Mesa when a gun store owner walked in and cleaned them out of most of their 223/5.56 and 9mm.

He said his distributor was out.

I've purchased most of my .223 and 5.56 x 45 over the last few years for 23¢ to 27¢ each.

I was fortunate enough to pick up 4,000 rounds of steel cased for 14¢ each from a gun store two years ago.

9mm has been at 15¢ to recently 18¢ per round.

My eyes have been opened and saddened between Friday and today. People are going silly right now so who knows what it will be by the end of the week. This is going to be another stupid gouging artificial shortage. History repeats itself, again.

Wait six months to a year and it will probably be back down, unless the elections turn out badly.

You can probably quickly order some online before it all goes stupid.

Best regards.

• Like 2

There is a saying, "Nobody likes a pig, but hogs get slaughtered".  I would pay close attention to who tries to seriously gouge people during this period in time. Their actions truly speak towards defining their character.

Most people on this site are super people.

Some are good people and have slightly high prices, mostly trying to recover their previous costs. Now they may have a chance to do so.

Then there are those who are just flat out for themselves and want to gouge and take extreme advantage of others. 

You'll know them by their words and actions.

• Like 4

Do we laugh or cry? Many world countries were laughing about our toilet paper frenzy. They went to bidets decades back. We have very silly quirks.

But when it gets down to it, that same passion and drive gives us our edge.

Don't tell me God, or whatever Supreme Being/ Chance, doesn't have a sense of humor.

I'm glad and grateful I am associated with so many intelligent and level headed people.

But even in my old age, I am still surprised at how ignorant the general populace can act.

Comforting to know I'm involved with a wider group. Thank you all, and I mean all.😁

I hope people are now seeing Lower Than Dirt's pricing on ammunition after bleeding out of their butts when I was asking $220 for 1K 9mm HAHA

• Like 3
  • Haha 1