Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Salt and Verde River Lakes are filling up

Horseshoe is at 96% which is something I haven't seen in a long time and Roosevelt is at 89%. I would expect SRP to let some water out of Granite Reef in a couple of weeks if the next storm dumps more rain into the surrounding areas.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

Thank goodness for Climate Change. Changing back to when we got this much runoff regularly.

• Like 3

Guest akaspecials

I have river trips planned for both the Upper Salt (60 to 288) and the Verde (Beasley to Horseshoe) in the next few weeks. It's nice to see all this water! 

13 minutes ago, akaspecials said:

I have river trips planned for both the Upper Salt (60 to 288) and the Verde (Beasley to Horseshoe) in the next few weeks. It's nice to see all this water! 

Have you done the verde before? We cancelled our trip last year due to all the water. This year we are doing the headwaters to Camp Verde in late April. 

Guest akaspecials
7 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Have you done the verde before? We cancelled our trip last year due to all the water. This year we are doing the headwaters to Camp Verde in late April. 

I've run the wilderness section between Camp Verde and Sheep's Bridge. I have not done headwaters down. I want to run the full length in the near future in one trip. 

13 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

my parents and grandparents fished the verde canyon back in the 1940's when grandfather was a santa fe supervisor on the clarkdale spur.  they would use a rr motorcar and take it off the tracks at max siding and bear siding.  fished for bullheads and boneytail with cane poles in the photos.  i was always going to ride the verde canyon rr to see that part of the river but never got to.  they fished big bluegill at del rio springs during the same time period.

lee

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, akaspecials said:

I've run the wilderness section between Camp Verde and Sheep's Bridge. I have not done headwaters down. I want to run the full length in the near future in one trip. 

https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/verde-river-az-thru-paddle-2/

You have probably seen it, but this was a pretty good read. We plan to do the whole river, but we are doing it in sections

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akaspecials said:

Have wanted to do this trip for a few years now, and hunt my way down over the course of a week or two in January.

• Like 1

Forecasting up to a foot of snow on the Rim. That oughta’ close out the winter and fill up Roosevelt!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, akaspecials said:

I’d love to get in on that trip

On 3/17/2020 at 9:16 AM, PRDATR said:

Horseshoe is at 96% which is something I haven't seen in a long time and Roosevelt is at 89%. I would expect SRP to let some water out of Granite Reef in a couple of weeks if the next storm dumps more rain into the surrounding areas.

Crazy to think that Horseshoe was just drained down to 7% I think it was just less than a year ago. Pretty cool to have all this moisture coming through!

• Like 1

Ya it’s crazy up north In the White Mountains, all the lakes are spilling over! 

• Like 1