Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

Had to feed my family. Arizona equine hunt.

With all of the grocery stores being out of food. I decided to take matters into my own hands and challenge the feds on the taking of equines.  I decided to go traditional and used my recurve. Perfectly placed behind the shoulder. He didn't go far very short blood trail!  I didn't think it would fall that easily.  They are truly magical creatures

IMG_20200319_175103.thumb.jpg.556b190076809e3e8116f9c7b1c3e5b6.jpg

IMG_20200319_175002.thumb.jpg.e7801bcfe5852254f6a70305fbff718c.jpg

IMG_20200319_174916.thumb.jpg.d80099245f79193773cda0d19933b685.jpg

Tension breaker had to be done

• Like 12
  • Haha 15
  • Great Buck! 2
  • Wow! 1

I know a guy that had that EXACT same buck unicorn on a trail camera. Funny though...nowhere near snow or powerlines.....

I wouldn't call Boone and Crockett just yet..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, idgaf said:

I'll write the story of Eastman's tonight. I wonder if I will get the cover?

Maybe what guild service do you work with?

dang Fred! You're a heck of a hunter, he's a real beauty.   Not that much meat on him but hey at least you got breakfast.  Powerlines hold all the magic.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Maybe what guild service do you work with?

No one's watching outfitters

• Like 2

Amazing story!  Shoulder mount or maybe since it is so unique full body? 

• Like 1

About fell out of my chair laughing when I saw the Powerlines!  You win the internet for 2020!

• Like 6

Hey man. If it gets crazy I'm going to do exactly that. I'll be shooting horses and burros first for food! Maybe to take out a little aggression as well.  

• Like 1

Getting kinda hungry here myself. So if you don't mind me asking are the powerlines a good place for a solid representation of the species like the 1 you harvested? I wonder if the current in the lines gives them the energy to grow such a magnificent horn? 🤔 Well I do hope I can get 1 at least half as nice and bright as the 1 you got. Congrats and wish me luck on my powerline trolling. 

With milk being off most shelves and Fawning season coming up  I bet there will be a few hunting for milk, Cant wait for those pics.  Trphyhntr and Longshooter trying to milk a bull elk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZkiller said:

Hey man. If it gets crazy I'm going to do exactly that. I'll be shooting horses and burros first for food! Maybe to take out a little aggression as well.  

I was wondering how long it would take for the horse and burro discussion to start up.  If food was really needed that would fill a lot of freezer space.  

6 minutes ago, rcdinaz said:

I was wondering how long it would take for the horse and burro discussion to start up.  If food was really needed that would fill a lot of freezer space.  

How awesome would it be if covid 19 completely wiped out the burro and horse problem.  

WORTH IT!!!

With everyone losing their minds it could happen!