Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Ice conditions ?

What are the Ice conditions in the White Mtns ? Are they thawed out yet to where You can shore Fish? I am talking up higher not the lakes in Show Low.   Horseshoe Cin. , Sunrise , Etc.   I am sure No acsess to Big lake yet. Or Hawley.  Getting bored sitting at the house . Looking to head there possibly before the next Storm. 25 years ago when I had a Cabin up there we allways fished from shore at ice out. then took the little boat out if possible. Have fished it in Blizzard, didn't care either did the fish! LOL. Looking if anyone wants to go for a couple days too, let me know. Can probably look for sheds too. ( if I can hike) Looking forward for some reports. I will drive too. Mite camp. Mite Motel it. Depends on weather.....................BOB in North Phoenix!

I am ready Woody , Pick You up on the way. Its gotta be gettin close to ice out. if there is ice the shorlines should be good day are gettin sunny and warm. Nights are still in the high teens or 20's.............BOB!

I agot rear ended slightly a while back ,only screwed up my pluggs . had both round and rectangle. gonna go to mechanic on monday have them replaced. I hate messing with them things and get an oil change and will be ready to go.You can call me any time at 602 422 0353.  Any body wanna meet up ,would be great..,............BOB!

• Like 1

Back in the 90's ( I call it the old days)  When we would troll ,every time you brought your line in You would have to blow out the ice from the eyelets on your rod. We went thru alot of whiskey on them days .LOL . Now at 63 I don't need alot but some is great if to cold. I'm a desert boy Having been in landscaping for my whole life used to heat. Only been trucking the last 8 years. Thus my name NatureBob, A buddy gave me cause that was the name of my company, Natures Touch Landscaping Inc. ..Licensed ,Bonded ,Insured for 25 years  ,only did installs, no maintenance. One of the best for a long time in the North Valley ,All referalls and Builders, never advertised once , Might start a Consulting Buss. here in retirement. Just thought I would tell You guys what I did .Gettin bored sitting around. Like to hear what other do or have done. ............BOB!

• Like 1

I member that fishing the spillway at chevelon back in the day.

As of last week, big lake was frozen and the snow gate is up. Snowed since then too

• Like 3

Thats what I figured, lotta years the roads don't open till Turkey season. Never been a Big Lake freak. I know it can be great ,but I've never hit just right. As far as lunkers allways done better at Hawley and Horseshoe Cin.................BOB!

5 minutes ago, naturebob said:

Thats what I figured, lotta years the roads don't open till Turkey season. Never been a Big Lake freak. I know it can be great ,but I've never hit just right. As far as lunkers allways done better at Hawley and Horseshoe Cin.................BOB!

You’re not fishin it right Bob! Right before and right after the freeze. Unless you don’t like catching 20”+ cut throats

• Like 4

Thanks Big Lake Lee, Didn't think about that. If they are letting People Turkey hunt I just assumed fishing would be OK..............BOB!

we well know how things can change year to year-and now overnight crap!-but for the last 6-8 years show low area lakes have only received 1 or 2 stockings per year in the spring.  and all trophy trout 2 pounds and up so as not to dissapear into pike and walleye bellies.  however i just noticed that spring summer stocking schedule has been removed from azgfd website.  

lee

ps thats ok sense it looks like lots of 3+lb largemouth coming out of roosevelt and a good many pb bronzebacks will come out of apach.

• Like 1

reply from Rick Law who owns the store at big lake:

We recieved another foot if snow, this week, on top of what we already had. It looks like it's going to be at least 2 more weeks before roads will be clear enough to pass.