Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Ice conditions ?

Hey Guys that live in the white Mtns. Where I can go anywhere and no time constraints would be my best lake to go to end of this week ,Shore fishing . I will camp out  too . Turkey watch a little if any roads are open. I doubt it ,I know it is early..........Thanks in advance and Pm if You want. Looking for holdover Trout. Getting way bored at the house here in the valley....................BOB!

Never been there . Have to Google it . I don't even know where it is! Thanks BOB!

"i have no affiliation of any kind with the big lake concession."

I NEED TO GO CAMPING. I don't know about you, but this is true for my family. Just getting away from it all, so you can breathe again, can change everything.

The phone has been ringing like crazy and I am answer 25 to 30 emails a day. I decided maybe I should post an update to hopefully answer many of your questions.

The roads to Big Lake are scheduled to be opened April 15th. Currently Big Lake is completely iced over, except for the small cove by the dam. We are supposed to get high winds this weekend, which will help break up the ice on the lake. If the lake is free of ice, the store and Marina will be open Easter weekend. If the lake is not free of Ice the store/marina will not be open until April 15th. Please remember, just like any other year, disperse camping will be the only camping, until May. NO FACILITY's will be available and EVERYTHING is "pack it in and pack it out".

Currently the campgrounds are still scheduled to open before May 15th. If that changes, we will update facebook.

We, like everyone else, are taking the CDC recommendations to keep things clean and safe. We believe that getting out in the forest with your family is the best way to do that. But that can also bring problems to our area. So what are we doing to avoid this? We ask that, when at the store/marina, you be understanding and follow the 6 foot distance rule. Only send 1 person in at a time to avoid crowding our small store. I know it's easy to get away from "life", news, the "world" and forget about the struggles, when at Big Lake. That's what Big Lake is all about, but we must still take the precautions to maintain safety. Thank you for understanding.

• Like 1

I was up at Show low all last week. Fished Show low lake ,Rainbow lake, River reservoir in Greer, and Nelson. From a boat trolling and bait fishing over two days. NEVER got a BITE. Finally went to Becker lake and caught some 20's but had to throw them back, so its tough fishing right now. Greer lakes are full though, thats good to see. All of the white mtn reservation is closed to the public including the lakes. Big lake road still closed untill further notice.

• Like 1

All roads to Big Lake officially opened April 15th. The ice is completely off the lake! The lake, store, marina, and disperse camping is open.
Please note, that on normal years, the campgrounds and facilities do not open until May 15th. This is not a normal year and we don't have an exact day for them to open yet. I promise as soon as we get that date I will post it to Facebook!
The fishing report has been good. Same days have been better than others, but for the most part people are catching. Use cold water baits and maybe even try a gold lure or a green fly. Reports tell us to fish between 4feet and 8feet about 30 feet from the shore.
Your Big Lake Family is excited that the 2020 season has begun. We look forward to see you all very soon.

• Like 1

Was up last weekend. It was a zoo. Reminded me of been up there on memorial weekend. Fished the streams water was still high and fast. Fishing was fair didn’t see a lot of people at big lake.