Oldboar2

San Carlos Turkey hunt cancelled?

I heard it was cancelled yesterday:(  Could not get a hold of anyone at the Game and Fish office.

Called the Main office, and was told to call Rose on 3-24-20 to get my refund.

Then I heard later from a friend, the hunt was not "for sure" cancelled, and they will be making a decision by Friday.

It starts this Saturday, anyone else have any info?  I was looking forward to this hunt like you can't believe.  All my stuff is packed.  I'm hoping there's still a chance....anyone have the inside track on whether its happening or not?  They haven't answered the phone at the Game and Fish office lately.

I haven't heard anything but I have the 2nd hunt that opens April 11th.  Not sure why they would close it because I rarely see a soul when I am on the res.  They have social distancing down to a science.

• Like 2

That's what I said!  LOL

But, they are definitely very close....or are doing it.  For the love of God, please let this hunt happen....I neeeed to get away and bust a bird!

As of last Friday when my fiend called down, it was still on. But it did seem very day to day. My son and I have tags for this weekend, so I will be checking as well. 

I spoke with the Law Enforcement and the Reservation has been temporarily closed to non-members for all activities including the Turkey hunts. Permits are not available at our vendors or the main office.

Like some have mentioned, things have been day to day and eventually ended up where they currently are with the closure. The Tribe passed a resolution yesterday which included no access to non-members in efforts to reduce risks.

Tribal employees are on 30 day administrative leave which ends on April 12th, however I'm sure the Tribe will evaluate and determine what steps come next.

If you have any questions the direct line to the Game and Fish Law Enforcement dispatcher is (928) 475-2236. Please understand though that they may not have anything in writing except for the Tribal Resolution and are also on a word of mouth communication. 

DAN

17 minutes ago, Apache7mm said:

I spoke with the Law Enforcement and the Reservation has been temporarily closed to non-members for all activities including the Turkey hunts. Permits are not available at our vendors or the main office.

Like some have mentioned, things have been day to day and eventually ended up where they currently are with the closure. The Tribe passed a resolution yesterday which included no access to non-members in efforts to reduce risks.

Tribal employees are on 30 day administrative leave which ends on April 12th, however I'm sure the Tribe will evaluate and determine what steps come next.

If you have any questions the direct line to the Game and Fish Law Enforcement dispatcher is (928) 475-2236. Please understand though that they may not have anything in writing except for the Tribal Resolution and are also on a word of mouth communication. 

DAN

Do you know anything about if they are doing refunds?

I don't have any information regarding refunds. SC tags are non-refundable and non-transferable. It would have to be a decision from the top. Front office staff is very minimal and would likely be informing tag holders personally about any changes.

DAN

I don't have any information regarding refunds. SC tags are non-refundable and non-transferable. It would have to be a decision from the top. Front office staff is very minimal and would likely be informing tag holders personally about any changes.

DAN

DAN

Well that sucks.  My question is what is the their rationing when they made this decision?  Being out in nature is what we should all be doing.

What's up with their website?  It's been down for months.

3 minutes ago, knothead said:

Well that sucks.  My question is what is the their rationing when they made this decision?  Being out in nature is what we should all be doing.

What's up with their website?  It's been down for months.

The national forests are all closing down rec/camping sites.

I guess I need to start playing golf again because it is still allowed.   I can only afford one expensive habit.

37 minutes ago, knothead said:

I guess I need to start playing golf again because it is still allowed.   I can only afford one expensive habit.

and the courses are in prime condition and not packed playing slow as f like it was a couple weeks ago. its glorious 

• Like 2

It’s been so nice we’ve been getting the last tee time of the day and taking our sweet time 

• Like 1