Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Change of Plans

I am wondering how many people have changed their hunting plans this year in some way because of the Covid 19 issues. 

I know this effects people a lot of different ways and I am just curious have people had to cancel trips or hold off on applying out of state? I am trying to figure out a new plan for this year after my non-hunting plans got canceled.

Nothing new here. I've been a social isolationist since way before it was cool. Pickin' up sheds, learning new spots, gonna chase turkeys. Working on the jeep project. I figure I'll just let the rest of the world panic while I go about life as usual - and that doesn't mean any contact with others - whether 'at risk' or not. The sad part is I've not been able to go to lunch with my parents for weeks now, because they are in the higher risk category. 

Getting out and hiking, fishing, scouting - all very healthy and good for our well being and none of those put others at risk if you're not in contact with others. 

• Like 6

Thats what I plan on doing too. Then New Mexico Turkey hunt!. Really wanted that Osceolla Hunt ,but I guess its better to stay here and be healthy hopefully...............BOB!

I’m not planning on changing any in state hunting, scouting or fishing trips, but It does look like I’m going to cancel my boys youth turkey hunt in Kansa this April.  The part of Kansas we hunt is the perfect place for social distancing, but it just does not feel like the right thing to do at this time.   I keep telling myself there could be a change, but that is probably just wishful thinking.  

• Like 1

I have an early archery bull tag. I ain't  changing chit. 

• Like 2

Might actually get to take my daughter turkey hunting since her school event opening weekend got cancelled...hopefully not super crowded youth hunt since all the weekend sports and other activities on hold. 

Still have plans for spring turkey unless they close the Navajo rez.  Thats about as far as out of state I usually go.  Otherwise I'm hunting late cow and the reg fall draw and archery if nothing happens in Oct.  

Well I know several people could not make it or will not make it to our Goulds turkey hunts in Sonora Mexico ..1694914107_Javierguajolote4.thumb.jpg.685c9e445884e0197dabf6733842b68c.jpg

Where you sitting in the patio during siesta time. Heard goulds walk right up to ranch house. 

Lol.  Just kidding,  nice looking bird.