Sign in to follow this  
Coues7777

Looking to buy a youth hunting rifle

Hello everybody. .. Looking to buy youth hunting rifle for my daughter preferably in 6.5 Creedmoor, 308, or 7mm-08  with muzzle break ....Will be using mainly for deer and elk... thankyou 

You and me both. 

• Like 1

I recently bought a Ruger American compact in a 6.5 cm. It is threaded for a break and my 10 year old shoots it fine. Highly recommended. Shop around and you can find it for under 400.

• Like 1

I have a howa 1500 243 fusion and I tried the barnes tsx in federal premium and its a game changer for "marginal" calibers.  I think it would shoot through two bulls and expansion is better than u would expect in a solid copper bullet.  SUPER accurate with the vx2 leuppy   

4 hours ago, swampokie said:

I have a howa 1500 243 fusion and I tried the barnes tsx in federal premium and its a game changer for "marginal" calibers.  I think it would shoot through two bulls and expansion is better than u would expect in a solid copper bullet.  SUPER accurate with the vx2 leuppy   

How much are yhe howa going for ?

28 minutes ago, Coues7777 said:

Thankyou chadt 45 will definitely look into the ruger..

Not a better bang for the $ vs accuracy then the ruger 6.5 predator in the classifieds now.  $400 with the brake is a good deal. Guys spend waaaaay more for the same caliber to shoot exactly the same as that gone does. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, huntnhard said:

I have a Ruger American compact in a .243 I might consider selling. Pm me if interested. 

Huntnhard I tried sending you a message about your 243. Says you can’t receive messages. 

25 minutes ago, BC8702 said:

Huntnhard I tried sending you a message about your 243. Says you can’t receive messages. 

I deleted some of my old messages. 

bought my son a weatherby vanguard 7mm-08 and he loves shooting it, just bought my daughter a tika t3x compact 7mm-08 and she loves shooting it also. both of them have youth cow tags this year.

I have a Browning X Bolt Western Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor that I would sell for $600..  It has a muzzle brake and thread protector.  It also has 1 inch Talley rings included.