Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Natural

Where am I?

Not any of those spots.  It is a pretty obscure location, but it has obviously been there along time so I thought someone here may have stumbled across it.  You guys are thinking too far south and east.  I'll give a bit more time before I spill the beans.

Palo Verde/Arlington

8 hours ago, Edge said:

Palo Verde/Arlington

This is the closest guess so far, but nope.

I won't keep people in suspense, this oddity is at 539th Ave and Eagletail Rd in the Harquahala Valley.  I found it while I was taking a different way back to the freeway after an outing in the Eagletail Wilderness.  I know nothing of the history of this item, but from the looks of it, it has been there for decades.  It is not in front of a building, like a restaurant, bar or house.  There are some letters on the concrete curb (lower left part of the photo).  Some are missing, but it looks like it used to say "Harquahala Ranch" (or maybe Ranches, plural).  Maybe the entrance to a long defunct housing development?  Who knows...I just thought it was kinda cool.

If anyone knows or can find any history on this thing, post it up.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Natural said:

I won't keep people in suspense, this oddity is at 539th Ave and Eagletail Rd in the Harquahala Valley.  I found it while I was taking a different way back to the freeway after an outing in the Eagletail Wilderness.  I know nothing of the history of this item, but from the looks of it, it has been there for decades.  It is not in front of a building, like a restaurant, bar or house.  There are some letters on the concrete curb (lower left part of the photo).  Some are missing, but it looks like it used to say "Harquahala Ranch" (or maybe Ranches, plural).  Maybe the entrance to a long defunct housing development?  Who knows...I just thought it was kinda cool.

Must be west of Courthouse Rd, I'm in and out of the Eagletails a lot.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Natural said:

Pretty neat right there, thanks for posting!  Looks like an artifact right out of the post - WWII building boom.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Edge said:

Must be west of Courthouse Rd, I'm in and out of the Eagletails a lot.

Courthouse Rd runs east and west.  It turns to Centennial Rd at Harquahala Valley Rd, right?  So yes, south and west of there.