Sign in to follow this  
CouesPursuit

Crappie

Had great time from 3-7PM at Roosie yesterday. 10-fish landed. Crappie and bluegill hit rapala while all bass (5) tagged Kalin lemon meringue (white/green) jig long line trolling 20’  

A901C80F-A697-45BF-976D-A7091E8AC223.jpeg

9964A921-65B2-411A-AA25-D16863440886.jpeg

B06939F7-2421-4EDD-9CDD-787227883170.jpeg

0AFC42D3-8803-4F30-BC4F-AA728F69E959.jpeg

807D52C4-9FA7-4893-9093-C56872DF1CE3.jpeg

C08C4020-30CA-400F-8678-660BB20F9417.jpeg

• Like 4

story of my life... went to Alamo yesterday and got skunked on crappie, struggled with the bass.  Great day on the water though.  Campgrounds are open and FULL and available by reservation only.... so much for social distancing.  State doesnt follow the Feds rules on campgrounds apparently.  Store is closed, but  Park Rangers are selling permits at the store patio and ice only.  I have never seen so much traffic on that road out of Wenden.

may just be me.... I think I''ve lost my Mojo on crappie after the last two years of stinking up the lakes. That drive back gets longer when you dont  have a crappie dinner with you.   But I didnt see or talk to anyone setting the world on fire.  I'll try Bartlett next, way closer.

25 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

may just be me.... I think I''ve lost my Mojo on crappie after the last two years of stinking up the lakes. That drive back gets longer when you dont  have a crappie dinner with you.   But I didnt see or talk to anyone setting the world on fire.  I'll try Bartlett next, way closer.

arizona fishing this year seems off. 

How long is the drive from Wenden to Alamo? My son and I are kicking around the idea of getting a 16' Bass Pro Shop John Boat.

I went out for a few hours sat afternoon.  Back of Sally  Mae bay. No jig just minnows got 4 bass. No crappie. 

I have not seen a crappie yet. Are you fishing the Tonto end? I have not been there yet.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:48 PM, Shane.A.Luke said:

Thanks for posting.  Your daughter is very cute.  I am taking my 12 and 14 yo sons out tomorrow.  They are tired of Fortnite.  Appreciate the tip on Kalin BBC and 1/16oz head, have plenty.

Did anyone try minnows recently?  I don't even know if Liar's Korner will be open.

Richard said it would take the National Guard to drag him out kicking and screaming before he closed. He has minnows. 

• Thanks 2

On 4/3/2020 at 5:59 PM, trphyhntr said:

Is the bass bite on fire 

My buddy caught 30 last weekend on the Tonto Arm

OK.  so saguaro, canyon, bartlett and pleasant are off limits?  does that sound right?  my sons neighbors just got turned back from canyon.

lee