Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Ben Avery closed

Just got an email saying Ben Avery is closed to the public for riffle, and pistol. Archery range still open for now. Lets go kill the trees. Lol

Been closed since 3-21-20.  Sucks.  I am usually there 3 weeks a month minimum.

To be honest, I think it is stupid.  The benches are about 8-10' apart, plenty of room to distance yourselves, no physical interaction with staff/volunteers.

• Like 1

The last email that I got from Rio Salado which was yesterday said they were still open. The Main Range, Member ranges, and the Shotgun range.

3 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Been closed since 3-21-20.  Sucks.  I am usually there 3 weeks a month minimum.

To be honest, I think it is stupid.  The benches are about 8-10' apart, plenty of room to distance yourselves, no physical interaction with staff/volunteers.

Please in this time of crisis try to refrain from using any logic whatsoever

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phoenix Rod and Gun is still open to members.

TONTO RIM SPORTS CLUB...MEMBERS can still use the range at their own discretion, but encouraged to keep themselves to a party of two.

• Like 1

Logo

GAME AND FISH NEWS

March 31, 2020

Ben Avery Shooting Facility temporarily limits shooting sports opportunities

benAverySign_300_1.jpg

PHOENIX — To ensure the safety of customers and staff, the Ben Avery Shooting Facility (BASF) is temporarily limiting shooting sports opportunities effective immediately. 

Until further notice: 
  • All rifle and pistol ranges, as well as the Clay Target Center, are closed to the public. This includes clay-target shooters with preloaded Gold Cards.
  • The rifle and pistol ranges are only available for law enforcement officers and user groups.
  • The archery range is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday on a cash-only basis. Archers can deposit their $7 daily fee into a dropbox at the archery range.  
Get the latest information about changes to processes and procedures, and review frequently asked questions, by visiting the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s new web page: www.azgfd.com/agency/covid-19-related-updates/. Customers also can call (602) 942-3000 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or email customerservice@azgfd.gov

As a reminder, most department business can be conducted online by visiting www.azgfd.gov