Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

New here, need help!

I got a bull elk archery tag in unit 1 and I need some advice.  What bow should I get? It's a late hunt are they still bugling? What broadheads? When should I start practicing?  Is a 380 bull possible?  Where should hunt?  Any help would be appreciated, you can dm your spots so we can keep them secret.  TIA

• Haha 4

Your gonna be fine little buddy, just fine! Yes a 3,457” bull is possible, anywhere close to a highway. But watch out for those one horned beasts! They’re small but the eat a lot of the feed elk eat. The one horned suckers are plentiful and out number the elk, sorta like new cwt.com members after elk draw. Be careful of your surroundings and practice killing distancing. Shoot them from at least 8’ away! The new guys, not the elk.

• Haha 1

Just go to the “search” option, I’m sure you will find every answer you need. Thank me later

Boots on the ground, get a good map  , maybe a hunting app. Oh ya hunt by the power lines. Optics $10,000 or more should work

That can be a tough hunt depending on the amount of snow.  The bulls are a plenty in there.  Grab a lion tag just in case.  

Get on X maps and hunt the southwest corner of the unit keep heading in that direction until you come across the boundary marker for an Indian Reservation hop that fence and hike in about a 200 yards, that's a great area to to start. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Your gonna be fine little buddy, just fine! Yes a 3,457” bull is possible, anywhere close to a highway. But watch out for those one horned beasts! They’re small but the eat a lot of the feed elk eat. The one horned suckers are plentiful and out number the elk, sorta like new cwt.com members after elk draw. Be careful of your surroundings and practice killing distancing. Shoot them from at least 8’ away! The new guys, not the elk.

+1

BB.jpg

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Boots on the ground, get a good map  , maybe a hunting app. Oh ya hunt by the power lines. Optics $10,000 or more should work

So my 150 dollar diamond backs won't cut it?

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Get on X maps and hunt the southwest corner of the unit keep heading in that direction until you come across the boundary marker for an Indian Reservation hop that fence and hike in about a 200 yards, that's a great area to to start. 

Are there big bulls there?

6 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Are there big bulls there?

Oh for sure. The biggest deer mule bucks an elk hunter could ever imagine.  Look up A3 outfitters, anything they've killed is small compared to the magical hop of that fence. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, idgaf said:

So my 150 dollar diamond backs won't cut it?

Nope. And you need tripod.

• Sad 1