NoBull350

A3 Golden Boy Jed Larson Convicted of Poaching

2 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

I really don't have an opinion to lean either way. I am definitely not about to tell someone else how to run their business.

If they want to keep him on, that's a business decision that they have to make and live with. I definitely wouldn't hold it against them if they let him go.

Will it preclude me from calling Matt when I draw a 13B archery tag?  Nope. (Probably call Larry first though)

It looks like he broke the law, was caught and is now paying for it. 

Where you personally draw the line is up to you. If he's married, should he lose his wife over it? Should his family disown him? Should he be shunned by his brother?

If you think he should have received a harsher punishment, so be it. If you want to change the system, nothing wrong with trying.

While it does seem that he got off easy, I don't know the facts of the case and my opinion means absolutely nothing anyway.

Food for thought, if an outfitter hires Blake in xx# of years, are they a corrupt outfit for doing so? 

More importantly though, if you are one of the dirtbag, idiotic morons that loaded up with 160 rolls of TP, I think you should be shot! It's stupid and just plain selfish and serves absolutely no purpose at all. We do NOT HAVE A TP SHORTAGE!!!  We have an overabundance of idiots that create problems where there are none. 

If YOU owned a guide service would you keep a convicted poached on the payroll ? ? ??  Sorry I already had about 3000 rolls of Tp on hand . Sent about 1000 rolls down with a client to give with the gift baskets at nursing homes . If you are in need pm an address and I’ll ship some to ya . 

2 minutes ago, Delw said:

Kinda funny you should say that, I member a story about a guy that shot a deer in a neighborhood then transported it to some power lines for some pictures. according to you it was OK

Don’t know what you are talking about ? No deer was shot in a neighborhood. 

4 minutes ago, NoBull350 said:

If YOU owned a guide service would you keep a convicted poached on the payroll ? ? ??  Sorry I already had about 3000 rolls of Tp on hand . Sent about 1000 rolls down with a client to give with the gift baskets at nursing homes . If you are in need pm an address and I’ll ship some to ya . 

Probably not but since I don't own a guide service, I don't have to worry about it. Maybe ask Matt about it. 

Thx for the offer but I'm good on TP.  

I don’t know Blake or No Bull never met them I know of the guy in this post but that’s it!  What does it say about our hunting community when a guy like No Bull is the one to bring this up?  Lots of people here knew and they kept it quiet.  Don’t believe for one second that they didn’t know the Bull died on Rez property!  Not saying that the guide is a bad guy but it only takes one awe shoot to get rid of a lot of at a boys!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Probably not but since I don't own a guide service, I don't have to worry about it. Maybe ask Matt about it. 

Thx for the offer but I'm good on TP.  

If you are good on TP what I’m the helll was the rant about ? Good call on not keeping a poacher on payroll . By A3 doing it it shows how much class they have or should I say don’t have .

4 minutes ago, bustedknuckleinc said:

I don’t know Blake or No Bull never met them I know of the guy in this post but that’s it!  What does it say about our hunting community when a guy like No Bull is the one to bring this up?  Lots of people here knew and they kept it quiet.  Don’t believe for one second that they didn’t know the Bull died on Rez property!  Not saying that the guide is a bad guy but it only takes one awe shoot to get rid of a lot of at a boys!  

I agree it blows my mind that the Majority of the CWT community just sits back and is scared to call A3 and Jed out . I have heard repeatedly how honest and ethical CWT members are but I realized tonight that is a bigger joke than the power lines . 

You haven’t seen much out rage for a couple of reasons for me I thought he was convicted a year ago and there’s kind of a lot of big deals going on in the news right now

in my opinion a guide getting convicted of poaching is like a hooker getting convicted of prostitution. I don’t think you can even claim to be a big-time outfitter without a couple of poaching convictions 

Hunting was meant to be a fun activity to go on you own and enjoy. It’s been completely perverted to the part where is long as you have a couple bucks you can go get a picture next to a dead animal. 

like any industry you mix in money and Measure success in inches there’s gonna be corruption

• Like 11

I agree oz31p.  I hear about it all the time. Another common trait about Poachers is the use of the Dumb Card.  They had no idea they were in the wrong place, or didn’t know the boundary was there.  It’s about getting that big animal at any cost, and if there’s trouble, plead ignorance and you’ll get a deal because courts are willing to forgive pretty easily crimes like this.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Ummmm, do you have any clue as to why??? 

You are the single worst possible person on the planet to post this.  Seriously!!!  Even worse than if Blake had posted it himself.

As stated above, if you can't see the irony in it, I........ lol   I don't know what to tell you.

Not defending anyone but a lot on here blasted Blake the same way and no one said anything. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JedL said:

If anyone cares to read all the details to the case, you can form your own opinion. Myself and my client were unaware of any wrong doing for almost a year until US F&W made contact with us. We cooperated 100% with them and their investigation which lasted multiple years. In the end, the evidence pointed to the fact that this was nothing more than an honest mistake. The prosecutor and judge came to the same conclusion. I'm embarrassed and apologetic to the bad light this may shine on my family, client and A3, as they are all class acts. I have been involved with A3 for five years and have never heard or seen anyone associated with them do anything questionable in the woods. I'm proud to be friends with so many great people in that company! 

How does an AZ guide today with all the GPS technology ON X, Gaia, Basemap, gps with landowner chip, USFS maps plus years of experience ever not know where the res line is ? I live next to a res and when I’m getting close I zoom in and back off. GW told me once....you know your hunting close to the reservation and it’s up to you to know where the boundary line is, kind of like any law...It’s all about what kind of ethics you have or does the mighty antler rule your mind.Sounds like the perp has a good lawyer. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oz31p said:

in my opinion a guide getting convicted of poaching is like a hooker getting convicted of prostitution. I don’t think you can even claim to be a big-time outfitter without a couple of poaching convictions 

I have a poaching conviction. Can I be a big-time outfitter?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

To answer the question that has been asked over and over again, A3 can do as they see fit with his employment, I am not aware of A3's code of conduct or policies.  Maybe they will suspend him or discipline him in some other way, but that is up to the company. If they feel this incident is not going to harm the brand or impact business that is their decision to make.

If I owned or ran A3, I would have to look at the facts in the entirety, did he lie to the organization, try to cover it up, or did he self report ask for guidance.  If I was the owner, was I part of the problem? 

A poacher is a cheat and a lier-  ANY EMPLOYER (guiding or any another line of work) has to determine if they want to employ the person with this charter - No Bull you are trying to make this statement specific to hunting - I would say any employer should ask this question before hiring a convicted poacher - and like anything look at everything in its entirety. 

• Like 1

No Bull, didnt you momma tell you to quit pooping to close to the house and tracking it in?  💩

2 minutes ago, Redman said:

To answer the question that has been asked over and over again, A3 can do as they see fit with his employment, I am not aware of A3's code of conduct or policies.  Maybe they will suspend him or discipline him in some other way, but that is up to the company. If they feel this incident is not going to harm the brand or impact business that is their decision to make.

If I owned or ran A3, I would have to look at the facts in the entirety, did he lie to the organization, try to cover it up, or did he self report ask for guidance.  If I was the owner, was be part of the problem? 

A poacher is a cheat and a lier-  ANY EMPLOYER (guiding or any another line of work) has to determine if they want to employ the person with this charter - No Bull you are trying to make this statement specific to hunting - I would say any employer should ask this question before hiring a convicted poacher - and like anything look at everything in its entirety. 

Did you not read the court papers I posted ? Jed didn’t self report ! I think it’s funny that you dance around the question of should Jed be let go . No chit A3 can do as they please ! As far as A3 owners they have  the same  character as Jed ,And if money and antlers are in the equation I guess you like most on here feel it’s ok to break the law .WTf  ...., I’m going to post on monster Muleys and see if Have the same type of piss poor ethics as the CWT crew . 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ThomC said:

No Bull, didnt you momma tell you to quit pooping to close to the house and tracking it in?  💩

Sorry Tommy believe it or not we had toilets in our house growing up . She did “tell “me to be nice to special people so good morning Tommy boy 👦