Jazz

Pellet stove recommendations

I love my wood stove.

I’ve been rocking either a big horn or an Alaknak on my week-long hunts. The wood stove has never failed me. (Except once during a monsoon and the wind somehow smoked me out of the tent in a freaky experience)

I’m spending some of my time in ‘isolation’ thinking about elk camp in dec. going to be cold.

As much as I love my wood stove, I don’t love having to feed it all the time. I’m wondering if a pellet stove offers significance advantage in autonomy in the bush. 

Can anyone recommend a decent one for a tent? Is it really that advantageous over a wood stove?

interested in this as well. 

Hire someone to feed the stove you have. Also, they can double as camp cook, masseur, prep your sleeping area for you, set up and draw a warm bath.   I thought you were talking smoker pellet stoves.

21 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Hire someone to feed the stove you have. Also, they can double as camp cook, masseur, prep your sleeping area for you, set up and draw a warm bath.   I thought you were talking smoker pellet stoves.

Could use one of those as well.

Just get a better built wood stove and find some good solid hardwood for late night only. I have been collecting and saving and even buying some good mesquite and oak and maple just for the sleep portion of the night and it rarely needs more wood but maybe one pee break each night.