codyhuntsaz

Pool Repair (Pebble Tec)

Anyone on here do it or have a hook up? I’m selling my house and need to get a small rust spot taken off the Pebble Tec. My pool guy says i probably have a small hole or crack in it causing rebar to produce the rust. I guess they will chip out the hole/crack and repair, not too sure. Need an estimate ASAP. Pool located in North Gilbert. Thanks 

Following..

I have a few decorative rocks around my pool that need sealing as well.

2 hours ago, More D said:

Following..

I have a few decorative rocks around my pool that need sealing as well.

If you are in Tucson I'd suggest  trying Stewart Pools. They are hunter owned & operated. 

• Like 1

Try getting a chlorine tablet and scraping the stain with it.  See if it changes at all

• Like 1

That's pebble tech? Looks like quartz plaster in the picture. Looks like a rebar/rust stain to me. I fixed mine myself, when it was regular plaster, before it was resurfaced. Just cut around it with an angle grinder, chip out some plaster around the rebar, cut the rebar off below the surface, and patch it. Not sure what kind of patch kit they have for pebble tech.

42 minutes ago, Viper said:

That's pebble tech? Looks like quartz plaster in the picture. Looks like a rebar/rust stain to me. I fixed mine myself, when it was regular plaster, before it was resurfaced. Just cut around it with an angle grinder, chip out some plaster around the rebar, cut the rebar off below the surface, and patch it. Not sure what kind of patch kit they have for pebble tech.

Ya, i think it’s called mini pebble....what you said to do is exactly what they told me they were gonna do. Called 4 places average price was 350-450 plus another $100 give or take to drain and clean the rust and add all new chemicals. 

16 hours ago, Adicted said:

Try getting a chlorine tablet and scraping the stain with it.  See if it changes at all

AS far as cleaning the rust stain up scrubbing the area with  Vitamin C pills will clean the stain right up. I have cleaned a couple rust spots in our pool with vitamin C Pills. Seen it on a pool forum somewhere and tried it. Worked perfect. But if there is a rebar problem are something still need to fix the root of the problem. 

Drain it and try cleaning it with acid .