I was attempting to load some rounds this past weekend and when I dispensed my charge, I saw and heard my C.L. wasn't working as it normally did. Hard to put into words but the motor sounded as if it had no resistance and I saw the feed tube was spinning in a "jerking" fashion. I dumped my powder/cleaned it and tried to figure out was going on and saw the tube had backed off its threads to the motor. I tried to screw it back in to no avail. I took to the WWW and searched for a fix and saw someone else with the same issue who took theirs apart and screwed it back into place by using their finger to hold the motor from spinning. Me being frustrated and hardheaded, I did this, thus voiding the warranty, and the motor still wasn't working properly. 

In case this is of any use, I purchased this in December 2019. I have used Retumbo and VV565 in this unit with no issues prior. Approximately 500 rounds loaded with the C.L. This time I was using 4350. I forget what error code it shows.

I don't plan on contacting RCBS for warranty knowing that I voided it. I plan on making another purchase, I just don't know whether I'll buy another CL or try a different brand.  

Can some of you with more reloading experience shed some light on what electronic powder measures you're using and how they're holding up? I know there's a wealth of knowledge on here and I appreciate any insight. 

I doubt you “voided “ the warranty. I’d give them a call. They are very fair. 

• Like 1

I use the Chargmaster®️ Not the Lite.  I haven’t had too much trouble, but I can tell it throws a few charges too heavy.  What I do whenever I reload is have three scales on the table.  I have a balance beam, and a RCBS electronic scale.  Along with the scale that’s in the Chargemaster, that makes three.  It’s easy to spot when it’s too heavy.  The way you tell is when it’s slowly trickling powder, at the end before it beeps, it dispenses a few tenths that must have been built up in the tube.  When I reload, I’m constantly checking the powder charges to be as perfect as possible.  It takes time but it’s worth it.  You’re better off buying another one and chitcan that one.  RCBS has a newer version that I think I might get on my next big purchase.  Take the time to look around.  There might be something way better that we don’t know about.  The RCBS Chargemaster is made in China.  If you look at other reloading forums, thrrr might be something way better out there made in Germany, USA, or Japan.  

I doubt that RCBS will consider your warranty void, give them a call. If you go out to buy new, the Frankford Intellidropper is a good unit on the less expensive side.. The A&D FX120i with the Auto trickler and Auto Drop is an awesome combo. With that said whatever you buy make sure you have it hooked up to clean power source. No fluorescent lights nearby is best. Plug your digital powder scale/dispenser into a good power surge suppressor like the Tripp-Lite Isobar with a Tripp-Lite line conditioner. I've never had a problem with any of my digital scales since I started using the Tripp-Lite products. I have a Chargemaster and check weigh my charges with a tuned Ohaus beam scale. I use a Dandy Trickler for finishing up my powder charges. Many great options out there that will last a lifetime of reloading. 

• Like 1

Sorry to all for not updating this in a timely manner. With all your input, I did contact rcbs shortly after this post and worked with a nice rep who pretty much said “how else are you supposed to fix it without doing what you did” and sent me a brand new unit very quickly. I also took the advice of making sure it’s plugged into a reputable surge protector and utilizing a beam scale to x2 weights. I have not had any issues since I received the replacement. Thanks again for the help and guidance. 

• Like 2