wellhead

Fire Ban

Sounds absolutely stupid to me. Doesn’t seem anywhere near fire season in our forests here in Az. Had a lot of moisture this winter. They will probly just try and close the forests next...be careful agreeing with the logic of one idiot can screw it up so they “have to” do it. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mc68 said:

Sounds absolutely stupid to me. Doesn’t seem anywhere near fire season in our forests here in Az. Had a lot of moisture this winter. They will probly just try and close the forests next...be careful agreeing with the logic of one idiot can screw it up so they “have to” do it. 

Beacon Fire, 15 acre wildfire near Williams 04-07-20.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mc68 said:

I stand corrected, close every forest in country then. Genius idea

I'm not a fire manager or forester, so guess I don't know much.  That being said though, it seems to me like it's not a bad thing to error on the side of caution. 

I'll gladly give-up a little time in the woods if it means less of a chance for some bonehead to start a potentially catastrophic fire.

• Like 4

I guess I’m getting really tired of giving up something “in case of”...seems like we are being conditioned that way more and more now a days. Rant over. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mc68 said:

I stand corrected, close every forest in country then. Genius idea

Fire ban isn't a forest closure.  If the only reason you go to the forest is to build a fire stay home and build one in your back yard.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, 654321 said:

Fire ban isn't a forest closure.  If the only reason you go to the forest is to build a fire stay home and build one in your back yard.

Best post and best advice I ever read.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 654321 said:

May not be the only reason to go but hard to argue that it makes a more enjoyable time. With as much moisture as we've been getting it seems silly and overstepping to have bans already. 

• Like 1

Its not forever, its because they don't want to call the hotshots in yet, they have to live in close quarters during fires, share bunks, transports ,and so on. So don't take it personally.  We will have plenty of time and chances to burn it down..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Its not forever, its because they don't want to call the hotshots in yet, they have to live in close quarters during fires, share bunks, transports ,and so on. So don't take it personally.  We will have plenty of time and chances to burn it down..

Exactly. Lift the ban around August after the rains start. The “gender reveal” fire was 6 miles from my house. I can’t imagine how you guys who live in the timber must feel every year AZ has a fire!

• Like 2

The virus will pass but the Government will never forget how easy it was to take control of every portion of your life.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, wildwoody said:

The sooner the better...