deercrazy

Michigan Governor Bans Boating and Fishing From a Power Boat

I am with you Stanley.  Looking at that picture and posting that Governor is banning buying flags is the real problem in this country.  Everyone is looking for something to get pissed about.  A reason to be offended.  Now it would be a completely different story if the Governor came out and said "no more buying American flags."  Looks like some right wingers got a hold of the the Left's playbook.  FAKE NEWS

• Like 3

She banned Seeds and alcohol sales as well. Just because something is not specifically spelled out doesn't mean it didn't happen Stanley with a C.

eb3d1704-814c-49b6-967b-9d853e93e216.jpg

• Like 1

Now now.....   Obviously just because something isn't spelled-out doesn't mean it didn't happen (Like, I get that there is a chance....).  But honestly though, with that logic then ANYTHING 'could' happen to be true.  Again, basically feeds the fake-news machine. 

BTW, well played on the "C". ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

I am with you Stanley.  Looking at that picture and posting that Governor is banning buying flags is the real problem in this country.  Everyone is looking for something to get pissed about.  A reason to be offended.  Now it would be a completely different story if the Governor came out and said "no more buying American flags."  Looks like some right wingers got a hold of the the Left's playbook.  FAKE NEWS

Agreed 100%. 

One political persuasion accuses the "other" side of being easily "triggered" then gets "triggered" themselves because someone (maybe even a Russian bot farm) posts a picture and adds context and commentary not based on the reality of the situation.  

We need to be able to talk politics "with" each other not "at" each other.  We can listen to each other, ask questions, provide our input, maybe reach common ground, maybe not, but we can be cool about it.  And we can do all that without blowing an ACL jumping to the conclusion that our fellow American hates our country and actively works for its demise.

Regarding the ban on power boats in MI, I can say as someone from originally from western Michigan, pontoon boats are close-quarter party barges and speed boats are pretty close.  Maybe the order could have been more narrowly tailored but I can see the logic behind it.

45 minutes ago, stanley said:

Now now.....   Obviously just because something isn't spelled-out doesn't mean it didn't happen (Like, I get that there is a chance....).  But honestly though, with that logic then ANYTHING 'could' happen to be true.  Again, basically feeds the fake-news machine. 

BTW, well played on the "C". ;)

Dude the liberals love people like you.

While the flag tweet is kinda stupid as I like specifics. the non essential stuff is not UNTRUE. the funny part is whats defined as essential and whats not and who defines it. its all bullshit to begin with. if someone needs some clothes who f'n cares, what about things you need to do around the home before the lock down you didnt have time, now with the lock down some people do have time but yet there not allowed to buy it. Its kinda bullshit and not necessary.

the dems in big cities are a f'n joke as well as some republicans. They created this panic and thats exactly what it is , Panic for no reason at all. you start telling people what they can and cannot due, where they can and cannot go its going to get ugly. For the most part people understand the social distancing but what does social distancing have to do with making people stay at home, not letting them buy items that are NON Essential.

someone goes to a beach away from others , there ticketed and or arrested, go walking down the street or hiking trail or nation Forrest with out a mask there fined or arrested., drive in a car by yourself there fined or arrested. according to Ca they can charge you with Domestic terrorism for doing such a thing.They haven't yet that I know of but it was threatened they would. The Mp"s are issuing $10 fines to military personnel if there closer than 6 feet with or with out masks. Even driving in your car with a friend to chow hall $10 bucks even if wearing a mask. I know a few that have been fined. Last week on a military base in Ca which I will not name if your caught with out a mask they can can charge you with "Treason". Thats what they told them last week. true or not I dont know forsure. I do find it a bit much and tend to think its not true.  funny part about this is they still train together, driving in military vehicles together during training etc etc Military personnel are also allowed to leave there base, but have to stay with in a 25 mile limit.

Then you have do gooders calling 911 for stupid shoot , WHY because the liberal states TELL YOU TO. thats a good start to cause Kaos and tension between people.

Most people in the big cities are dumb , cant think for them self and have no common sense and will obey the officials.

people think its bad this year wait till next during the next flue season, your going to see big city govs shutting down business's schools and passing out money right and left. Why because they saw it could be done with this virus.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Regarding the ban on power boats in MI, I can say as someone from originally from western Michigan, pontoon boats are close-quarter party barges and speed boats are pretty close.  Maybe the order could have been more narrowly tailored but I can see the logic behind it.

I cant I have been fishing from a very young age. lots of people go 1-3 people in a boat, if its your family who cares you all goto the same house anyhow drive together etc etc.

besides most fishing boats are 16+ feet long. the rule was just another stupid rule.

• Like 1

I am sure it is about to be the start of growing season in MI and they ban sales of seeds and plants. How are people who rely on gardens for food going to plant and support themselves. That seems pretty crazy. I can understand if it was pertaining to non-food plants or seeds, but that is pretty crappy of them.

This whole Covid-19 has in a way, exposed CWT as being far more left leaning than I expected. Its surprising to read how many well educated Americans are willing to give up their rights without challenging anything. One final quote I always appreciated: 

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

So with that, I’m out. God bless everyone! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

AZ8, by "I'm out" I hope you mean just out of this gol dang motor-boating thread.  If, however, you mean out of CWT.com, then I beg you to reconsider.  Not that my opinion means anything to you but your voice is valuable here.  PM me if you'd like.  I'll PM you back.  You're welcome around my campfire anytime. 

13 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

This whole Covid-19 has in a way, exposed CWT as being far more left leaning than I expected. Its surprising to read how many well educated Americans are willing to give up their rights without challenging anything. One final quote I always appreciated: 

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

So with that, I’m out. God bless everyone! 

I hope these well educated Americans start ringing my phone for work, it's getting pretty boring around here.

• Like 1

I'm sorry been watching her all month. They could have down much better. No fishing. Huh

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

I wish they would use the social distancing law on jet skiers at Roosevelt.  

There are laws, and you can't fix stupid.

3 hours ago, Delw said:

Dude the liberals love people like you.

While the flag tweet is kinda stupid as I like specifics. the non essential stuff is not UNTRUE. the funny part is whats defined as essential and whats not and who defines it. its all bullshit to begin with. if someone needs some clothes who f'n cares, what about things you need to do around the home before the lock down you didnt have time, now with the lock down some people do have time but yet there not allowed to buy it. Its kinda bullshit and not necessary.

the dems in big cities are a f'n joke as well as some republicans. They created this panic and thats exactly what it is , Panic for no reason at all. you start telling people what they can and cannot due, where they can and cannot go its going to get ugly. For the most part people understand the social distancing but what does social distancing have to do with making people stay at home, not letting them buy items that are NON Essential.

someone goes to a beach away from others , there ticketed and or arrested, go walking down the street or hiking trail or nation Forrest with out a mask there fined or arrested., drive in a car by yourself there fined or arrested. according to Ca they can charge you with Domestic terrorism for doing such a thing.They haven't yet that I know of but it was threatened they would. The Mp"s are issuing $10 fines to military personnel if there closer than 6 feet with or with out masks. Even driving in your car with a friend to chow hall $10 bucks even if wearing a mask. I know a few that have been fined. Last week on a military base in Ca which I will not name if your caught with out a mask they can can charge you with "Treason". Thats what they told them last week. true or not I dont know forsure. I do find it a bit much and tend to think its not true.  funny part about this is they still train together, driving in military vehicles together during training etc etc Military personnel are also allowed to leave there base, but have to stay with in a 25 mile limit.

Then you have do gooders calling 911 for stupid shoot , WHY because the liberal states TELL YOU TO. thats a good start to cause Kaos and tension between people.

Most people in the big cities are dumb , cant think for them self and have no common sense and will obey the officials.

people think its bad this year wait till next during the next flue season, your going to see big city govs shutting down business's schools and passing out money right and left. Why because they saw it could be done with this virus.

Holy heck, Del.  Chill, dude.....  I don't know if I have EVER elicited a response that long before! 😳🤣 

Seriously man, you are reading WAY too much into my very simple response challenging whether the tweet in question really meant that the governor had "banned" the flag.  I was not at all questioning the validity (or not) of banning the sale/commerce of so called 'non-essential' stuff. 

Regarding liberals loving people like me, my experience is that when I sit down and chat with (debate) far lefties, they tend not to like my take much more than the far righties.    My personal experience has been that I am 'not-loved' equally by both sides! 🤣

20 minutes ago, stanley said:

Regarding liberals loving people like me, my experience is that when I sit down and chat with (debate) far lefties, they tend not to like my take much more than the far righties.    My personal experience has been that I am 'not-loved' equally by both sides! 🤣

And by 9 out of 10 different genders too ;)

Dont flatter yourself the response was for everything in general.

That tweet was just bs like anything in twatter and fagbook. most people knew that and I am sure AZ8 did also

• Haha 1