Sign in to follow this  
Explorer

Classic knives.

Great topic. Too bad I only have one old knife to share. Western Auto Branded knife I inherited from my father. Have no clue how old it is. 
2B63434D-BF34-4AAC-B54B-F90C06E7643C.jpeg.159781c2c3668df2814523289b3d50b5.jpeg

• Like 4

Have to dig a little to get more but here is the Western knife and hatchet plus a Buck skinner. 

DA2A5A84-94D6-41C6-89C0-E02E45E41CF5.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

1 minute ago, Mocha1545 said:

Have to dig a little to get more but here is the Western knife and hatchet plus a Buck skinner. 

DA2A5A84-94D6-41C6-89C0-E02E45E41CF5.jpeg

Sweet

• Like 1

The first pic is a Mickey Wise knife made in Alabama. Not an old knife but it's a nice handmade piece.

IMG_0275.thumb.jpg.451e1287bebc4deead404b713f9028bc.jpg

The second pic is a knife that my Dad acquired in High school used. It resembles some of the Western knives but I can't find any identifying marks. It's somewhere around 80 years old.

IMG_0276.thumb.jpg.dc7dd2b11fdca2653ede8dce1bf9410d.jpg

• Like 5

Heres a few I pulled out I have some more in the safe but there all basically the same lots of DU ones as Dad was a huge DU supporter and never missed a meeting, dinner or fundraiser and went to them all over the USA. I know nothing about knives. The Japanese one he got me back in the 60s I believe. the military ones were his when he went to Nam and japan. I have a few more K-bars he brough home for me when I was a kid and a few if I recall green handle? bayonets.

I got a ton of old bucks I have beaten up over the years that were bought for me as birthday gifts, always left them in the truck or packs, the black cased one in the  picture I got snowed in hunting in the cascades, ended up leaving that and a watch a 22 rifle and some other stuff when I hiked out and left my bronco there. got the bronco about 3 months later the knifes and other stuff I found the next spring

IMG_0570a.jpg

IMG_0571a.jpg

IMG_0572a.jpg

IMG_0573a.jpg

IMG_0574a.jpg

• Like 5

The top knife was given to me by a bud. I know nothing about it. The next knife is a Bucklite that I bought in the late 80's at the Williams AFB PX, that I used for years, and the last is a Kershaw with sv30 steel that I use now.

0414200609~2.jpg

• Like 1

A bunch of great knives guys. Delw I am really liking the knife with the curved antler handle.

6B53C723-F28D-49F6-945E-7CB20AC14D6D.jpeg

Long shot here, but someone stole my best knife.  It was custom made for me for my high school graduation.  it has my name, Bryan, one one side, with an acid etched mule deer, and on the other side it says sorgard.  $100 reward.

• Like 1

Here are a couple of handmade knives made almost 30 years ago by Jim White. I met Jim while he was working as a security guard at a facility that had just been built for Security Pacific. Jim had been Chief Of Police before he retired in a small town somewhere.

He was about 30 years older than I and a big burly fellow who made these out of a Rental Storage Unit as more of just a hobby so I bought these two thinking I was helping him out but it was really he who was helping me learn some life lessons about people. IIRC Jim said the metal was some old saw blades. 

Fast forward almost 25 years I  see a guy post up some similar knives he made on a Hunting Page on FB so I post these up too. I wasn't ready for happened next, he posted up a knife with Jim's JW etched into the blade. As it turned out he was Jim's Stepson.

20200414_082110_resized.jpg

20200414_082130_resized.jpg

20200414_082143_resized.jpg

20200414_082151_resized.jpg

• Like 7

Filet knife from Ontario knife company I found when I was a kid on the farm we lived on in Pennsylvania.  I wish I kept more of the stuff I found.  Good steel on this blade.  Cuts most of the game I shoot.  

D016A17E-CE0B-47FC-BC98-EFAA1A6DA644.jpeg

• Like 1

Pretty safe to say, very old knife. Why a knife; there was pine tar on the blunt bottom end to help hold it in a handle. Only the edges are sharp, like razors. A spear point would have had a sharp tip. And it's nearly 4" long.0414201048.thumb.jpg.a53160e46725eaac0fdb48f486a1c78c.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bojangles said:

Long shot here, but someone stole my best knife.  It was custom made for me for my high school graduation.  it has my name, Bryan, one one side, with an acid etched mule deer, and on the other side it says sorgard.  $100 reward.

I still look in pawn shops and swapmeets for my grandpas uncle henry folder he left me. I am somewhat content knowing the kid who stole it is not having the best of luck in life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Here are a couple of handmade knives made almost 30 years ago by Jim White. I met Jim while he was working as a security guard at a facility that had just been built for Security Pacific. Jim had been Chief Of Police before he retired in a small town somewhere.

He was about 30 years older than I and a big burly fellow who made these out of a Rental Storage Unit as more of just a hobby so I bought these two thinking I was helping him out but it was really he who was helping me learn some life lessons about people. IIRC Jim said the metal was some old saw blades. 

Fast forward almost 25 years I  see a guy post up some similar knives he made on a Hunting Page on FB so I post these up too. I wasn't ready for happened next, he posted up a knife with Jim's JW etched into the blade. As it turned out he was Jim's Stepson.

20200414_082110_resized.jpg

20200414_082130_resized.jpg

20200414_082143_resized.jpg

20200414_082151_resized.jpg

Those are really nice. Antler is my favorite handle material.

My granddad made knives. I found this one among dads things. Probably made Depression era. Full tang, walnut scales, aluminum bolster... (bottom).

Top.. Perry style, bone handle, birdhead pommel, full tang from Queen Cutlery, Titusville PA. Circa 19460414201251.thumb.jpg.6d615031d4d360c62e874eb60b7ac57b.jpg

• Like 3