Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Birthday Antler

I still can’t believe what happened today. I never in my life thought I’d see an antler like this in this area, let alone get a chance to pick it up with my bare hands. This morning after work I set out to just find an antler, any antler as today was my birthday. By some miracle this antler showed up all by itself and didn’t have a care in the world as I snuck right up to it and picked it up off the ground while it was just laying there. Amazing how they completely lose their minds during shed season. After gaining my composure I picked up the antler, I turned to my wife and yelled woooooooooooooo hoooooooo so loud! I am very thankful I got this once in a lifetime opportunity and made the most of it. A quick score……….BIG! Could be one of the biggest antlers ever found in AZ by an old fart……..assuming it doesn’t shrink too much during the 60 day drying period, it could be close to top ten in my personal collection! Once again thankful for this awesome buck and thanks to my wife for going out hiking with me! I don’t have any more pictures! I sure got thirsty on this hike!

antler.thumb.jpg.1d3e0aadde7add5c8e2307abca443580.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

That's a powerline antler if I've ever seen one!

No way man...he clearly relocated for the pics so we wouldn’t know where he really found it!

• Like 3

Happy birthday Jeff - aren’t you suppose to be grading papers or something. :) :) 

3 hours ago, tomgobbler said:

Happy birthday Jeff - aren’t you suppose to be grading papers or something. :) :) 

I'm a non-essential so they put me to building cabinets ....... go figure huh!!! They told me I could work from home...............in all seriousness it has been rough, I'd lot rather have the kids in class!!! I don't gotta grade papers on Saturday or Sunday..........................by the way......turkey tag May 1 in unit 1 and counting down the days!!!