NOTAGS

Anyone else get their Stimulus Check?

If I ever get my tax refund and stimuli check I too will have a Haily Day.  😵

13 hours ago, AZbowhntr said:

trphyhntr, what are you getting?  I want to try the new Callaway Mavrik driver. I heard it is sweet.

You should get it, hit bombs. I’m not sure what I want, leaning towards mizunos jpx 919s or Taylormade m5s. PXG has some deals going on their gen 1 and gen 2 stuff. But I’ll probably just impulse buy a cheap used set off global golf 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

You should get it, hit bombs. I’m not sure what I want, leaning towards mizunos jpx 919s or Taylormade m5s. PXG has some deals going on their gen 1 and gen 2 stuff. But I’ll probably just impulse buy a cheap used set off global golf 

What do you use now?

46 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

What do you use now?

Calloway big bertha x-12 irons I got in 1998 and a callaway ft-5 driver that I got in 2007. I’m due for some new technology but I have sentimental value with my irons and my driver I hit really straight. I think I’m gonna get the mizuno 919 forged irons. Mizuno was about the only brand who doesn’t make their clubs in China 

15 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Calloway big bertha x-12 irons I got in 1998 and a callaway ft-5 driver that I got in 2007. I’m due for some new technology but I have sentimental value with my irons and my driver I hit really straight. I think I’m gonna get the mizuno 919 forged irons. Mizuno was about the only brand who doesn’t make their clubs in China 

Buy American.

3 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Ping has a factory here in Phoenix. 

They do. Where they do research and development, repairs, some other things. their clubs are made in a few different countries though, including China. It’s an American company.

Yup. I love my ping irons, but they are no longer made here.  They are made overseas and assembled here.  Their drivers are long, but allergic to fairways for me.  You used to be able to go to ping and get any club they made to try out.  It was a great program.  I would play a few rounds with them and take them back.  Their drivers were next level for 4 man scrambles.  LONG 

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Liberals shut down our factories with emissions restrictions and sent the jobs to China

Funny you say that because when I was there about 12 years ago, I was working on some filters in the foundry where they were making the irons. Guess they stopped making them there..

Maybe they will move production back here with all this Covid crap..

2 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Funny you say that because when I was there about 12 years ago, I was working on some filters in the foundry where they were making the irons. Guess they stopped making them there..

Maybe they will move production back here with all this Covid crap..

I think they still make some clubs, but if you buy a set of pings they’re made in China, maybe Indonesia i think use both if I remember right. Pretty sure they’re assembled here. Like every other golf company. Even Ben Hogan irons are made in a foundry in China 

Crap I still got lynx's predictors iron's and a ping putter

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Ping has a factory here in Phoenix. 

Used to play against Beth Soulhime or something like that in summer tournaments back in high school, her grandfather invented Ping clubs and she had the carbon shafts before they existed..

• Like 2