Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Saw my first White Wing today

They are all over my yard in North Phoenix, but in 25 years of Dove hunting I have never bagged one.

There are still a few around my feeder but I think most have gone.  The feeder would not last a few hours when they were here in force.  I still had food left from yesterday this morning.  They are pigs of the sky!

I saw white wings at the house  at the beginning of March this year. They must of known a hot summer was coming. 

4 hours ago, Big Tub said:

There are still a few around my feeder but I think most have gone.  The feeder would not last a few hours when they were here in force.  I still had food left from yesterday this morning.  They are pigs of the sky!

As usual every year about this time we get some storms and they head south.

soon as the storms start hitting there gone, they left our area in the last 2 weeks, usually its mid july.

have a few hanging around the parking lot still but not many,

I have them where I live. Lots of saguaro cactus threw out here. They love there blooms .  And they love to nest in orchards. We use to get them alot along the ditch at Elliot and Power roads. (30 years ago) .There was a old orange orchard there and in the evenings they flew in to roost.  

2 hours ago, Bill@roofer said:

I have them where I live. Lots of saguaro cactus threw out here. They love there blooms .  And they love to nest in orchards. We use to get them alot along the ditch at Elliot and Power roads. (30 years ago) .There was a old orange orchard there and in the evenings they flew in to roost.  

Back in the good days.